MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

31 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Alright I understand Bills fans have every right to be emotional and feel screwed, but the primary reason the Bills aren't the 1 seed is because they lost against Zach Wilson and managed to choke against Kirk ******* Cousins in back to back weeks. Not because the NFL had to cancel a game.

Meh i don’t think that’s fair to say, they deserve their shot. The chiefs would’ve got an extra game to avenge a loss to the Colts.. 

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Even the Dolphins meltdown tbh

If the Bills beat the Patriots and are not the one seed the only reason would be because the Bengals game was canceled.  As for losings to teams you shouldn't the Colts are waving to the Chiefs. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

You're screwing over all of the people and businesses associated with having an NFL game that weekend for the all-important "seeding".

Yeah. Trust me i get it and i personally don’t care what they decide to do. It is what it is. Was merely throwing out an idea that might been the most fair in terms of on field integrity 

24 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

There is no solution that isn't going to piss someone off.  The simplest solution is to either declare it a forfeit or a tie.  That requires no logistical challenges, all teams still have a 17 game record, you aren't forcing teams into multiple games in short windows, and you are only pissing off 3-4 teams.  I think this decision has already been made, but they are trying to get their PR ducks in a row.

Yeah, everyone keeps trying to make it fair when the fact of the matter is there really is no fair outcome.  This was an unfortunate situation and about as unprecedented of an event the NFL has had to deal with.  Not to mention that it occurred at the end of the season.  Pushing the season back or rescheduling a game is easier when you can make that decision at midseason.  Not when we're literally at the end.

It sucks for the Bengals and Bills, and any other team that might be affected, but a tie is what makes the most sense and it is the most doable of all the scenarios that have been tossed around.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BillSabre said:

Week 18 is played this week. The next week is when the playoff teams get the off week. That would be when the Bills/Bengals play to determine the seeding in the AFC. Playoffs resume from there. Seeding is right and true in both conferences and everybody gets the same amount of rest. The 1 seeds get the bye as well after that. 

So the first round bye now turns into two weeks? Teams without a bye now get an extra week to heal players up?

That's hitting teams inconsistenly - as @AFlaccoSeagulls says, that's the difference between Lamar Jackson and Tyler Huntley.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Yeah, everyone keeps trying to make it fair when the fact of the matter is there really is no fair outcome.  This was an unfortunate situation and about as unprecedented of an event the NFL has had to deal with.  Not to mention that it occurred at the end of the season.  Pushing the season back or rescheduling a game is easier when you can make that decision at midseason.  Not when we're literally at the end.

It sucks for the Bengals and Bills, and any other team that might be affected, but a tie is what makes the most sense and it is the most doable of all the scenarios that have been tossed around.  

I don't think a tie is the best or fairest solution and it invents a new reality.

The game either needs to be finished or recorded as a no-contest.

The only other fair option is if one team in particular pushed for the game to end and giving them a forfeit. If both teams agreed to stop (as it appears happened), you could also give both teams a forfeit.

let me preface this with saying obviously this whole thing is a tragedy and the most important thing is the human life involved, but from a football perspective if the bills and bengals don’t play - which it seems like will be the case - that brings up a very interesting football situation…

if the ravens were to beat cincy next week, we would finish with 11 wins which would be same number of wins as the bengals. we will have swept the bengals and gone 4-2 in the division while the bengals would be 2-4 in the division and 0-2 against us. but by virtue of playing 1 less game or the game being declared a tie, the bengals will finish with a better winning % at either 11-5 vs our 11-6 or 11-5-1 vs our 11-6 and probably “win” the division. that’s a really interesting predicament for the NFL. not sure if two teams finish tied for wins and one team swept the other and had a better division record how you could call the other team the division champs simply by virtue of having played 1 less game. i don’t expect us to beat the bengals next week so it’ll probably be a moot point but it’s a wild situation the NFL is going to be put in declaring the winner of the afc north

• Like 2