Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

45 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm just going to go back to this....

If you gotta have a drive that ends in a TD to win a game, Rodgers has got to be the last so called "elite" QB that you would want under center.  And there may be other QB's a tier or two below that I'd rather have.

We were doomed when we were in the red zone and getting FG's instead of TD's.  

Facts.

On a higher note. Our Defense the last few weeks has looked great.

Imagine getting Gary back. Not a fan of Stokes but hopefully he can bounce back as well.

I really like Savage in the NB role too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

The Packers Wire -    Packers rookie LB Quay Walker apologized for his actions against the Lions and took “full responsibility” for “another stupid decision” in a series of tweets Monday.

I like Quay Walker and what he brings.  Hopefully, this was a learning year for him.  IMO, the Packers need more of his attitude and approach.  Needs to be smarter.

Paul Bretl -   Missed opportunities doomed the Packers. In fact, many of the same issues that they dealt with for much of the season were on display against the Lions.

"The same things that hurt us all year," as Rodgers put it.

///

Exactly what I've been saying. They were who they are.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

I like Quay Walker and what he brings.  Hopefully, this was a learning year for him.  IMO, the Packers need more of his attitude and approach.  Needs to be smarter.

He needs to get stronger so he can break up / shed blocking schemes.

Thoughts 

•it seems unsurprising the Packers put forth one of the saddest rosters I’ve seen from them and Packers fans all flock to blame Rodgers almost exclusively. The win streak to get back to where you ended up was very impressive and unexpected. 
•chefj is the greatest threat to packer fan life since drunk driving and Jeffrey Dahmer

•Quay attacking training staff a week after the bills training staff heroically saved a life is HILARIOUS and one of the dumbest things I’ve seen 

•the idea that Jordan Love is worth a 1+2 in incredible to me too  

•JFK was certainly killed by two guns. The first shot went through his neck, the second lopped off the right side of his head. Two apparently totally different angles

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman  -    That was Matt LaFleur's first December/January regular season loss.

No. They lost to Detroit last year in the season finale.

Is there any word on what Douglas thought on this end of first half FG? I cannot find anything and also don't want to look through 118 pages ;)

18 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He's going to get a substantial suspension I bet.  Probably 4-6 games.

I would be pretty surprised if that were the case.  In light of the timing of his foolishness, if he got a game suspension I think it would be excessive but possible. In the heat of the moment he did shove the guy but it wasn’t like he swung at him or even pushed him to the ground like Adams did to the camera guy earlier in the season. Quay messed up and should take the consequences but I would be surprised with multiple games. We should know soon. 

18 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Thoughts 

•it seems unsurprising the Packers put forth one of the saddest rosters I’ve seen from them and Packers fans all flock to blame Rodgers almost exclusively. The win streak to get back to where you ended up was very impressive and unexpected. 
•chefj is the greatest threat to packer fan life since drunk driving and Jeffrey Dahmer

•Quay attacking training staff a week after the bills training staff heroically saved a life is HILARIOUS and one of the dumbest things I’ve seen 

•the idea that Jordan Love is worth a 1+2 in incredible to me too  

•JFK was certainly killed by two guns. The first shot went through his neck, the second lopped off the right side of his head. Two apparently totally different angles

these are all facts, also will add that Rasul Douglas was also paid by the same people who handed Lee Harvey Oswald his KGB check.

• Like 2