Las Vegas Stidhams V. The Kansas City Mahomies - SEASON FANALE!!!!!

Totty

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

hes trying to sell tickets. its why hes about to go all in on tom brady 

Which may or may not work for 1 year. Then we will be back in the same spot next year. Add some cheap names in FA to get the blood flowing, maybe trade some picks and go all in to win 9 games. And be in the same spot next year. Until we draft well it will be the same ****. 

Just now, Geezy said:

Which may or may not work for 1 year. Then we will be back in the same spot next year. Add some cheap names in FA to get the blood flowing, maybe trade some picks and go all in to win 9 games. And be in the same spot next year. Until we draft well it will be the same ****. 

itll work if we get Brady 

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

We're in the QB Lottery now With nothing on defense and in need of serious help in a division thats not easy to win. 

Well we should still be able to get something for Carr that will help fill other holes.  Once again it will come down to how well the FO uses those picks.

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Well we should still be able to get something for Carr that will help fill other holes.  Once again it will come down to how well the FO uses those picks.

thats assuming that we are able to trade Carr

Edited by Jeremy408

Stings to lose to KC but the reality is that we started 7-8 players today that were either not on our team in training camp or not on our active roster in Week 1 and the Chiefs were at full strength and playing to clinch the #1 seed. 

I know it’s therapeutic to say the sky is falling but we were severely outmatched today and I don’t see today’s performance as an indictment on PG or JMD. They have been below average to average this season and today was more of the same. 

I have very little confidence in this coaching staff going into next year but, then again, I felt the same way about Jon Gruden and PG, Jack Del Rio and KNJ, etc.

I wonder if we can keep Ziegler and move on from JMD after next year? I believe in Ziegler and think he has the perfect demeanor for a GM. I just don’t understand why he was willing to tie his fate to a divisive figure like JMD. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Stings to lose to KC but the reality is that we started 7-8 players today that were either not on our team in training camp or not on our active roster in Week 1 and the Chiefs were at full strength and playing to clinch the #1 seed. 

I know it’s therapeutic to say the sky is falling but we were severely outmatched today and I don’t see today’s performance as an indictment on PG or JMD. They have been below average to average this season and today was more of the same. 

I have very little confidence in this coaching staff going into next year but, then again, I felt the same way about Jon Gruden and PG, Jack Del Rio and KNJ, etc.

I wonder if we can keep Ziegler and move on from JMD next year? I believe in Ziegler and think he has the perfect demeanor for a GM. I don’t understand why he was willing to tie his fate to a divisive figure like JMD. 

I was waiting for Perryman to come flying in and put Pacheco on his wallet but then I kept realizing how shorthanded we were.  A lot of work to be done this off-season.  Unfortunately we do not have as many resources as I would like.

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

Seems like MD thinks building a winner is like making instant oatmeal.  You have to do more than just add water.  Building a loyal fan base would be more beneficial in the long run anyways.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

The only way we can not trade Carr is if he makes it personal and sabotages himself to hurt us.

It would actually hurt us more than it would hurt him because the other teams wouldn't trade knowing that the Raiders have to cut him After a certain point in order to not have to pay him. 

8 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

See this is what emotion does. It doesn't allow you to see the point that's being made. I mentioned multiple times that my main argument is that it doesn't really matter who the quarterback is in regards to why we lose. Our problems don't go away because of who is under center. I mentioned multiple times last week that it would've been awesome for Jarrett Stidham to do really well so that he could be the stopgap that we need rather than paying someone like Jimmy Garoppolo. The problem is you are so focused on proving that Carr is the problem that you have to accuse anyone who disagrees with you to be a "Carr lover". And then you have to accuse me of not fixing my car lol(Something thats impossible for you to know). But again here are the Hyperbole free stats(with a little bit of help):

Raiders Chiefs with the Carr at quarterback: 29-30

Raiders Chiefs with the Stidham at quarterback: 13 -31

Common denominators

-The quarterback(regardless of who that person is) gets pressured and sacked to bunch of times

-The defense(which neither quarterback plays on) gets 30 points scored on them

-the playcalling(which each quarterback can't control) is questionable in key situations

^See there's no accusation, namecalling/labeling, or hyberbole needed for that. Thats how you articulate a point. With that being said, what was your point again?

Good post, it’s impossible to know what Carr would have done with the same supporting cast today, it’s pretty pointless to say ‘Carr would have dove this or that’ because quite obviously we can’t know and there can’t be any productive discussion about it.

What is absolutely clear is that this roster needs a lot of work. Luckily the weaknesses are clear and we should be able to rectify DT, OG and CB this off season and add some depth in Free Agency. Las Vegas should still be a positive destination with the tax situation and facilities. I really don’t know if McDaniels is good or terrible at this stage. We should find out definitively next year. I’d actually secretly like to plonk Brady straight into this team with no changes just to see what would happen……..that would answer a lot of questions 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Good post, it’s impossible to know what Carr would have done with the same supporting cast today, it’s pretty pointless to say ‘Carr would have dove this or that’ because quite obviously we can’t know and there can’t be any productive discussion about it.

What is absolutely clear is that this roster needs a lot of work. Luckily the weaknesses are clear and we should be able to rectify DT, OG and CB this off season and add some depth in Free Agency. Las Vegas should still be a positive destination with the tax situation and facilities. I really don’t know if McDaniels is good or terrible at this stage. We should find out definitively next year. I’d actually secretly like to plonk Brady straight into this team with no changes just to see what would happen……..that would answer a lot of questions 😁

The roster does need work but let’s not forget that we went into this game on defense without Jones, Perryman, Diablo, Brown, Ya-Sin, then suffered in game injuries to Mulangi (1 of 2 healthy LBs) & Hobbs. It’s difficult enough facing the Chiefs offense never mind without those players. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

It would actually hurt us more than it would hurt him because the other teams wouldn't trade knowing that the Raiders have to cut him After a certain point in order to not have to pay him. 

He’d lose out on cash if he does that though because he’s never getting the same salary on the open market.

I mean, the guy doesn’t really need the cash so it wouldn’t surprise me if he does make things difficult for us, but if he wants to be bitter rather than maximise his earning then that’s not really a good look for him.