Las Vegas Stidhams V. The Kansas City Mahomies - SEASON FANALE!!!!!

Totty

9 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

He’d lose out on cash if he does that though because he’s never getting the same salary on the open market.

I mean, the guy doesn’t really need the cash so it wouldn’t surprise me if he does make things difficult for us, but if he wants to be bitter rather than maximise his earning then that’s not really a good look for him.  

How is it not a good look for him if he takes less money to play somewhere else ? It shows he’d rather play for a team than just go for the money, that doesn’t make any sense to me. 

52 minutes ago, Dessie said:

How is it not a good look for him if he takes less money to play somewhere else ? It shows he’d rather play for a team than just go for the money, that doesn’t make any sense to me. 

If he’s doing it to spite his old team, it’s not a good look.

If he could be traded to the Panthers but retain his current salary, or go and sign for the Panthers for less money as a FA because he didn’t want his old team to receive compensation for him because he’s in the huff, then that’s a terrible look.

17 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

If he’s doing it to spite his old team, it’s not a good look.

If he could be traded to the Panthers but retain his current salary, or go and sign for the Panthers for less money as a FA because he didn’t want his old team to receive compensation for him because he’s in the huff, then that’s a terrible look.

If the Panthers and Saints want him but the Saints don’t want to trade for him and he goes there and takes less money then that’s a good look for him. But I’m sure some would call him bitter.

Edited by Dessie

7 minutes ago, Dessie said:

If the Panthers and Saints want him but the Saints don’t want to trade for him and he goes there and takes less money then that’s a good look for him. But I’m sure some would call him bitter.

I think you’re looking at this from a completely different context to what I meant.

The o-line should hand their paychecks to Jarrett and Jacobs for that shocking performance (even by their standards that was bad).

I'm still team Stidham, I don't see what these arm and mobility limitations are that people refer to... and anyone that says he became skittish later in the game have truly forgotten what skittish really looks like. He has shown more touch, a better ability to scan the field, better pocket awareness and movement, and more wilingness to hang tough/take off than Carr has ever shown me - and I was team Carr for years before this season.

There is only so much the team can achieve in one offseason. Before even considering replacing Stidham they need to fix the o-line and the defense. I don't even know where to start with the defense, I'm hoping that someone does a deep dive this offseason to help identify if it's the talent level, the play calling, or is it literally just everything...

If they can resolve these issues and find who they consider a franchise/development QB then great - otherwise we can head into next year with an elite run game and a solid defense and look to be a middle of the pack team ready to hand over the ropes to a new QB.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I think you’re looking at this from a completely different context to what I meant.

Yes I think so. I think Carr will go to where suits him best and if that nets the Raiders picks great, if not so be it. I don’t think he’s the type to do something in spite whereas you appear to think he might ? 

Edited by Dessie

59 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

This team is so brain dead. I am in blow-it-up mode. Trade Adams and don't re-sign Jacobs. Raiders can have 4 picks in the top 50. Let McDaniels build the team in his own image and fall on his own sword. No excuses.

I agree with you but I have a feeling that is not the "Davis way".  Al never believed in a rebuild and Mark appears to be in the same mold even when it's not in the best interest of the team.  

This team is littered with bums at nearly every position.  As I have stated we can kiss quality free agents goodbye unless we vastly overpay as the word is out that we are still the graveyard of the NFL where careers go to die.  KC just slapped us in the face showing how much of a joke this franchise is, they ran "ring around the rosie" against us LOL 

The only way out of this mess is by infusing young talent across the board and this will take multiple years and very little room for error.  

This offseason will be very telling and this draft is extremely critical for DZ.  If we have Grudock type draft blunders both DZ and JM are toast in short order.  If they can nail their picks with multiple above average starters they have a chance but like I said the margin for error is microscopic.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

This team lost two games all season by more than one score. We’re not as far away as people think 

The Jaguars and Giants had depleted rosters, voted to be worst in their division or 3rd and made the playoffs. With the right moves we can be in the mix of it.

The sky isn’t falling without an average QB

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nightmare said:

He’d lose out on cash if he does that though because he’s never getting the same salary on the open market.

I mean, the guy doesn’t really need the cash so it wouldn’t surprise me if he does make things difficult for us, but if he wants to be bitter rather than maximise his earning then that’s not really a good look for him.  

He's gonna chill until he's cut watch. Hopefully we get a draft for him though

29 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

This team lost two games all season by more than one score. We’re not as far away as people think 

The Jaguars and Giants had depleted rosters, voted to be worst in their division or 3rd and made the playoffs. With the right moves we can be in the mix of it.

The sky isn’t falling without an average QB

The Jags and Giants also brought in good HCs. I just don’t have much faith in McD. 

34 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

People also are misinterpreting that this is a culture shift from the Gruden era.

”Toughness and Accountability” 

I keep hearing “accountability” but where is the accountability from McDaniels?  He did the opposite all season, which is consistent with what he’s done in Denver, putting all blame on the cameraman who filmed practice (the cameraman’s dad was a connected nfl guy too!), etc etc 

When people say they learned a lesson and then preach accountability but yet never change and never ever show accountability for themselves that is a Massive bright red flag.

Even when he decided not to take the Indy job at the last possible second even though it was verbally agreed upon and he was flying out there he still managed to pitch the narrative that things were not 100% agreed-upon and thus there was discrepancies with how the team would be run which was his justification for the out.  The truth is he just changed his mind at the last second and blamed others.

Edited by jimkelly02

15 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Before Gruden got the boot and the Ruggs situation we were a borderline playoff team.  Although DA was an improvement on Ruggs JMD was not an improvement on Gruden.  We got worse at other positions so I would argue this was a worse team than what we had the 1st half of last year.  The second half team from last year was just garbage.  They stumbled into the playoffs and it was 95% luck.  Anyone thinking that we were set to make another run was impatient or made excuses.

Zeigler did everything the complete opposite of what I would have done.  The only exception was Crosby.

Leatherwood and Bars are both pretty bad.  I would have liked to have tried Leatherwood on the left-side before getting rid of him.

I agree mostly. Gruden to McDaniels is a wash. Gruden however screwed the team with poor drafting alone. 

It's going to be hard to judge any coach until they have proper talent to work with. That falls on DZ to get things right in the draft. He has all the resources available this offseason to take a step in the right direction. 

Regarding Leatherwood. He was a healthy scratch for the Bears last week. He sucks.... and that doesn't bode well for his future.  

14 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

And I did not like Gruden from the beginning.

Same. I was optimistic with JMD, knowing full well he was going to be hated from day 1 given his past. 

I am rooting for him to get it right, because how much more of this musical HC thing can we take! But it was not a good audition. Next year, he gets his choice of QB and they can beef the roster up... he has to make it work. 

• Like 2