Wildcard Round: San Francisco 49ers vs Seattle Seahawks

J-ALL-DAY

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Williams, Bosa, Warner and........Hufanga made 1st team AP All Pro. Obviously Hufanga did not deserve to make it but the other three were no-brainier selections. 

Kittle and Odum made the 2nd team. 

As well as Mooney Ward played all year, Huganga gets most of the credit.  I like having Huff's playmaking ability next to Ward's consistently good coverage all day.  It forces action into Huganga.  Huff did a lot with the ball coming his way, and most if it was really cool.  The few big plays and times he was out of position negate some of that though.  The public and coaches look at DB's and their role very differently. 

I don't think anyone on this team is thinking of any of that right now.  That is something people in the Dallas locker room think about, all pro awards and whatnot.  This team is focused on the Seahawks.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No CMC and Greenlaw missed 2nd team All Pro by one vote. Sucks as both were definitely all pro caliber players this season. 

Jacobs and Chubb were the two backs.

Damn, that would have been awesome to get Dre on there. 

Can't we believe we have him for 2 more years at 8 million LOL 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No CMC and Greenlaw missed 2nd team All Pro by one vote. Sucks as both were definitely all pro caliber players this season. 

Jacobs and Chubb were the two backs.

It's going to be real stupid when CMC doesn't even get votes for OPoY. There aren't many, if any, skill players that can match his total production this year.

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

It's going to be real stupid when CMC doesn't even get votes for OPoY. There aren't many, if any, skill players that can match his total production this year.

Whatever, votes are for crooked politicians and Dallas Cowboys.  This football team doesn't really draw in a populist crowd with their hot takes and 24 hour drama cycle.  They're the restaurant all of the chefs go to for inspiration, even if it doesn't have the most customers.

15 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

Whatever, votes are for crooked politicians and Dallas Cowboys.  This football team doesn't really draw in a populist crowd with their hot takes and 24 hour drama cycle.  They're the restaurant all of the chefs go to for inspiration, even if it doesn't have the most customers.

For sure. Bosa didn't even get second team all-pro last year. That tells you what you need to know about this 'honor'.

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jenkins and Coleman called up from the PS. Not really sure why we are bringing up another RB but that just all but guarantees TDP being inactive.

Coleman won't necessarily be active. There is no downside to activating two players in the playoffs, as it doesn't count against the cap. This could just be a way of rewarding Coleman financially. Or it could mean TDP will be inactive, who knows haha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, struby3 said:

Coleman won't necessarily be active. There is no downside to activating two players in the playoffs, as it doesn't count against the cap. This could just be a way of rewarding Coleman financially. Or it could mean TDP will be inactive, who knows haha.

Excellent point, as always struby. 

They did the same thing with Nate sudfeld last year if I remember correctly 

• Like 1

Deebo is in store for a big postseason, and it starts today! I'm expecting him to get around 10-12 touches and break either a run or get a completion of over 30+ yards. Just like the Chicago game, the conditions are playable up until the 4th quarter so the team behind will have an awfully tough time getting anything going through the air. Need to come out firing on both sides of the ball and can't be put in early deficits like the prior two games. 

Gould missed a big FG last time against Seattle that would have ended the game right then and there but it allowed Seattle to drive down the field and score and make it a one possession game. That can't happen today as we need to put these guys away the first chance we get. And the weather is going to be so bad in the 4th quarter, it's going to be difficult to make any FG at that point. 

Armstead has been an absolute MONSTER in both postseason runs and we need that type of dominant play this time around as well. Bosa needs help and it will be on Armstead to provide it and actually get to Geno. I think he gets a sack in this game and I'm thinking Hufanga comes away with a INT for the first time in a while.

It's that time, enjoy the ride fellas! 

• Like 3

It should get better for the start of the game but now there may thunderstorms around 4 o clock. Not going to be pretty and the stadium is going to be far from packed due to so many people having to deal with storms/floods. I hope whoever goes to the game stays safe and makes it home safely. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It should get better for the start of the game but now there may thunderstorms around 4 o clock. Not going to be pretty and the stadium is going to be far from packed due to so many people having to deal with storms/floods. I hope whoever goes to the game stays safe and makes it home safely. 

Sounds like it could clear up by game time?