2023 NFL coaching rumors and notes

Forge

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Eagles offense looked very good all season, can't deny that. But how much was Steichen, how much was Sirianni, and how much was Hurts? That's what I want to know.

4 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Eagles offense looked very good all season, can't deny that. But how much was Steichen, how much was Sirianni, and how much was Hurts? That's what I want to know.

I am pretty sure that it was steichen who developed the Hurts offense.  Sirianni just called on the field until Steichen was ready to roll with his offense.  He did well with big time arm qb like Justin Herbert.

That is for an offensive side only, I don't know if he can handle staffs and full team.  Try him and find out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I reckon Indy announces Steichen today. That leaves Arizona. Will it be Anarumo or Gannon? Former has become known as the man who can slow down Mahomes; latter gets grief from his own team's fans for fielding a defense that folds against decent offenses. Who do you want when you're in a division with Shanahan and McVay?

Anarumo seems like the better choice. The Bengals defense is good but not great from a talent perspective but he still has found ways to slow down guys like Allen, Mahomes, etc. Their success seems more so based on him getting the most out of their personnel rather than just being overwhelmingly talented. The Eagles defense was stacked but got exposed when it mattered most due to poor coaching. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I reckon Indy announces Steichen today. That leaves Arizona. Will it be Anarumo or Gannon? Former has become known as the man who can slow down Mahomes; latter gets grief from his own team's fans for fielding a defense that folds against decent offenses. Who do you want when you're in a division with Shanahan and McVay?

If it’s Gannon, then the Cardinals will be giving a job to a guy whose own team decided to pay Vic Fangio to install a defensive game plan for the Super Bowl. He’s also the DC who has struggled to make adjustments all season long and did again on Sunday. That’s opposed to the DC with the Bengals who actually gave that KC offense problems two seasons in a row, making key half time adjustments in both games.

• Like 1