2023 NFL coaching rumors and notes

Forge

7 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I get the man may want a change of scenery, but why Washington when they are for sale? If you go and fail to develop Sam Howell fast, are you still an OC candidate when ownership changes? Are you even mildly warm for other teams if fired?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

I get the man may want a change of scenery, but why Washington when they are for sale? If you go and fail to develop Sam Howell fast, are you still an OC candidate when ownership changes? Are you even mildly warm for other teams if fired?

If I'm Bienemy & I've always wanted to be Head Coach?

But for whatever the reason & circumstances never got a shot?

Going to Washington with a new owner coming in & Rivera on the Lame Duck hot 🔥 seat?

With the Offensive weapons Washington has & a promising rookie QB?

Might not be a bad choice.

Specially, with a Defense they have as well.

17 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

If I'm Bienemy & I've always wanted to be Head Coach?

But for whatever the reason & circumstances never got a shot?

Going to Washington with a new owner coming in & Rivera on the Lame Duck hot 🔥 seat?

With the Offensive weapons Washington has & a promising rookie QB?

Might not be a bad choice.

Specially, with a Defense they have as well.

I get that, but like he just saw a top tier DC in DEN get passed up for the top job by new ownership and then go be a DC somewhere else. I guess EB would have the unique spot of being in the best job but still not landing a HC gig.

2 hours ago, Trojan said:

I’m assuming the new ownership wants him on the staff. He’d have full control of the offense and would be the obvious replacement for Rivera if he gets fired. I know they’ve praised Howell but with the new ownership group coming in I could see them wanting a top tier young QB to bring in the new era. Could see Washington making a big trade up for Stroud/Young or a smaller move up for Levis/Richardson.