Conference Championship Round: San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia Eagles

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

Lol 

I love how that guy gives Sirani credit for Steichen's work lol. Sirani gave up playcalling duties last year because he was terrible at it, correct? The offense got significantly better after Sirani got out of the way.

Also, this guy is a prisoner of the moment and apparently him and Jon Ritchie are each other's echo chamber.

On 1/26/2023 at 11:55 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think this is pretty big. Not that I expect CMC/Mitchell to miss the game, but the fact they aren't even limited today means they likely won't be close to 100% and compromised. This is a game where the run game needs to be more consistent than it was against the Cowboys. 

More Deebo carries? 

What do we think the odds are that the team uses Omenihu's oblique as the "reason" to not dress him. I know they already said he wasn't off the team, but I don't recall him ever stating he was going to play.

1 minute ago, clarkfn2284 said:

What do we think the odds are that the team uses Omenihu's oblique as the "reason" to not dress him. I know they already said he wasn't off the team, but I don't recall him ever stating he was going to play.

No, Shanny said if Omenihu is healthy, he will play. I don't see him being inactive. Little to no chance the DA files charges on him.

5 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

And Omenihu isn't even on the injury report. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

The niners get back some of that advantage via Kyle, but  I think most people probably view him as giving something back in the game management area.  

I am very curious to see how Kyle plays it this weekend. He was very conservative in his approach with Dallas (especially once the offense started slow). I think he knew our D would get takeaways and that the game would remain close. 

I want to see him empty the clip this weekend. I want to see plays like the kittle double screen that we ran against seattle. Use all the bullets and leave no doubt. Need to start fast in this game. There is no tomorrow. 

The eagles were the best first half team in the league this year. Their offense was actually not good in the second half of games this season. It was partly due to the fact they would have some sizeable leads, but I think it is also that teams would figure out their offense and start to have more gap discipline and key on what the eagles were doing.

Everyone has waved away the idea that this was caused by defenses, because the eagles simply "stopped trying to score" late in games, but there were a few games where the final score got a lot closer than it needed to be. There was more than one occasion where I would bet on the over eagles team total, where they would get 95% of their team total in the first half, and then not score again and I would lose the bet. Happened 3 or 4 times this year. Infuriating! lol 

The niners are obviously a second half team. Very interested to see how this game starts. 

• Like 1

I've read like 10 articles talking about how Philly is going to win, and by a lot or a little, but every one of them justifies the prediction by simply saying "Purdy was drafted in the 7th round." 

I think its funny they don't mention where anyone else was drafted.  People call Fred Warner an All Pro, not a 5th round draft pick playing way above his head.  Nobody is saying George Kittle is going to play like the 5th rounders he truly is. People call Hufanga an pro-bowler, not a 6th rounder.  

Beating the Cowboys was fun, but watching people's heads explode after this one could be on another level.

I thought the game was 50/50 and it would be covered that way, but boy was I wrong.  Ironically, I feel like this plays into the 49ers hands.  It might be fun to be the underdog again, especially being one without a large talent discrepancy.

• Like 2

Hi guys just wanted to wish you well this weekend. I will admit as a young Vikings fan I hated the Niners in the 80’s mostly because they beat my team it seemed like every year in the playoffs. Well times have changed and I really enjoy watching this team. Your team is built the correct way from the inside out. There is not a more complete OL/DL tandem anywhere in the world. I will be cheering loudly for your victory in the city of brotherly shove. BTW if any of you are planning on attending this game please be safe, I just saw that some Niners fans dared hang a Niners shirt on the Rocky statue. The last time that happened in 2017 by some Vikings fans it turned the Philly faithful into animals. I mean as a former season ticket holder I get giving the other team grief but throwing batteries and full cans of beer at people is taking it too far. I’ve spoken with people who attended the game and none of them will ever set foot in Philly again. Which I guess was their intention! Go Niners!!!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, joeybrowner47 said:

Hi guys just wanted to wish you well this weekend. I will admit as a young Vikings fan I hated the Niners in the 80’s mostly because they beat my team it seemed like every year in the playoffs. Well times have changed and I really enjoy watching this team. Your team is built the correct way from the inside out. There is not a more complete OL/DL tandem anywhere in the world. I will be cheering loudly for your victory in the city of brotherly shove. BTW if any of you are planning on attending this game please be safe, I just saw that some Niners fans dared hang a Niners shirt on the Rocky statue. The last time that happened in 2017 by some Vikings fans it turned the Philly faithful into animals. I mean as a former season ticket holder I get giving the other team grief but throwing batteries and full cans of beer at people is taking it too far. I’ve spoken with people who attended the game and none of them will ever set foot in Philly again. Which I guess was their intention! Go Niners!!!

Lol, I'm 51, a liflong Cowboys fan that grew up 1 mile from Veteran's Stadium. 

And I'm here to tell you! They are an ORNERY  bunch!

But, I survived there and so can you. Enjoy the game!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joeybrowner47 said:

Thank you sir! 

That picture floating around social media is from last year, not something that was done in recent days.