Conference Championship Round: San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia Eagles

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not sure, but what was the result of that? Or was is it in the offseason? 

I don't think anything happened. I think it just went away. Maybe the charges were dropped or something. It seemed like the kind of situation where you could see the charges getting dropped 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think anything happened. I think it just went away. Maybe the charges were dropped or something. It seemed like the kind of situation where you could see the charges getting dropped 

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking here. The officers observed no physical injuries and she is just claiming he pushed her to the ground. He's not going to get charged with anything for this and she will likely just drop them if he does. 

And back to Drake Jackson? Not sure this is the game they want to make him active? Against this OL and physical run team? Aren't these the types of games they want to avoid having Jackson be active for? Better chance he would be active playing KC or CIN tbh. 

43 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And back to Drake Jackson? Not sure this is the game they want to make him active? Against this OL and physical run team? Aren't these the types of games they want to avoid having Jackson be active for? Better chance he would be active playing KC or CIN tbh. 

Unless Omenihu is out, I don't think they'll put Drake in. it's basically just a pick their poison though. Philly can shred you on the ground or decimate you through the air given how good they are on the line. 

This game is difficult. Eagles are not great against the run. Mailata can be had at LT. Niners O line is called into question, but I dont believe they were terrible last week. In fact, there were many times where Purdy had the time to progress, but Dallas did a really good job covering. It's simple to me. Take advantage of their LBs, get them in compromising situations against playmakers similar to how they got Barr on Aiyuk last week. From there the defense has to play an extremely disciplined game. Less emphasis on pressure and more on containment. 

I believe Demeco schemes it up and Brock makes the 4 or 5 needed plays to win it.

23-17

• Like 2

18 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Lol. If you follow wrestling then you know....

I love Heyman, and wrestling ever since ECW, I watch AEW now, saw this trending last night, loved it, but who actually thought we'd be in this position with our 3rd string QB? And he's the future IMO, I'd be open to trading Trey if the offer was right, or I'd keep both. I'm a full believer in Purdy now, I joked I was gonna pretend he was a 1st rd pick, nah, he was Mr. Irrelevant, and he ain't irrelevant anymore.

1 hour ago, clarkfn2284 said:

I believe Demeco schemes it up and Brock makes the 4 or 5 needed plays to win it.

i thought the game against Dallas was going to be more about the offense (that turned out to be wrong), but I agree that this one is going to be on the defense big time. They are going to have to get pressure. If Hurts lives in a pocket as clean as he normally does, they can simply eat us alive. Containing Hurts on the ground will also be huge....we don't have the best track record of being able to contain that skillset. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

I love Heyman, and wrestling ever since ECW, I watch AEW now, saw this trending last night, loved it, but who actually thought we'd be in this position with our 3rd string QB? And he's the future IMO, I'd be open to trading Trey if the offer was right, or I'd keep both. I'm a full believer in Purdy now, I joked I was gonna pretend he was a 1st rd pick, nah, he was Mr. Irrelevant, and he ain't irrelevant anymore.

https://theathletic.com/4120213/2023/01/24/brock-purdy-49ers-nfl-draft-scouting-report?source=user-shared-article

A coach for a team who had "no interest" in Purdy leading up to the draft.

Asked where he thinks Purdy would be drafted now based on what he’s shown this year, the coach said probably second or third round.

I spent 15 minutes trying to wrap that in a quote bubble, sorry, I'm old. Can someone tell me how to do that through the text?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

https://theathletic.com/4120213/2023/01/24/brock-purdy-49ers-nfl-draft-scouting-report?source=user-shared-article

Asked where he thinks Purdy would be drafted now based on what he’s shown this year, the coach said probably second or third round.

I spent 15 minutes trying to wrap that in a quote bubble, sorry, I'm old. Can someone tell me how to do that through the text?

Copy and paste the text you want, then highlight it, then click the quotation mark button next to the underline, strikethrough etc buttons. 

FTN49 lost to N4L in the forum dynasty league, which prevented him from going b2b 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

I read this earlier today as well. I mean, pretty much tracks, tbh. I thought Purdy was undraftable after his junior year and it didn't get better in his senior season in all honesty. The fact that they think he goes so much higher is notable. 

However this type of predraft thought on Purdy from the league is also why I don't think that he has any real trade value. Nothing to support it, just my own gut, but I feel like if you put Lance and Purdy on the market for a trade right now, you still get better offers for Lance. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

i thought the game against Dallas was going to be more about the offense (that turned out to be wrong), but I agree that this one is going to be on the defense big time. They are going to have to get pressure. If Hurts lives in a pocket as clean as he normally does, they can simply eat us alive. Containing Hurts on the ground will also be huge....we don't have the best track record of being able to contain that skillset. 

I dont know if pressure needs to be the thing, but I do know they have to not allow Philly to eat them up on 1st and 2nd down. Philly is really good on 3rd and short and the Niners are really bad on 3rd and short. the Eagles don't have a ton of negative plays. I feel like this will be a coverage game. The 2nd and 3rd levels of the defense needs to hold up long enough for the pass rush to get versus the rush wreaking havoc to help the coverage. Edge guys have to disciplined at the mesh point and the DT's have to generate some push to keep Hurts in check.

sigh

Seems like this year in order to win the Superbowl the 49ers are going to have to climb Mt Everest even before they get to Mordor. 

Compared to last year when fate handed them a Superbowl on a magic carpet ride all the way to victoryville. Except the 49ers got drunk and fell off the carpet just a few hundred feet away and died. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 49erscap said:

Remember after the Dolphins when we all were thinking "ok, Purdy just needs to win the Wild Card game, then he can hand it back over to Jimmy and we should be ok." 

Boy, how things change. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

sigh

Seems like this year in order to win the Superbowl the 49ers are going to have to climb Mt Everest even before they get to Mordor. 

Compared to last year when fate handed them a Superbowl on a magic carpet ride all the way to victoryville. Except the 49ers got drunk and fell off the carpet just a few hundred feet away and died. 

Have to beat the best teams at some point. I think the Eagles are an absolute buzzsaw and I think they'll win somewhat comfortably, but we definitely have a decent shot to win if we are being honest. 

The Jimmys and Joes and probably going to be more important than the X's and O's in this one. 

So I hope everyone comes to play 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Remember after the Dolphins when we all were thinking "ok, Purdy just needs to win the Wild Card game, then he can hand it back over to Jimmy and we should be ok." 

Boy, how things change. 

My stance on purdy is let's see how he does next year too. 

i'm not anointing anyone right now. 

• Like 1