Conference Championship Round: San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia Eagles

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not gonna lie, be shocked if a large portion of the 18%, wasn't actually Eagle fans in California ,making the trip as well. 

Guarantee you 1/5 of the stadium will not be Scarlet/Gold. Just saying. 🤷‍♂️ 

Really?! I seriously doubt there are enough Eagles fans in Cali to be even 1/3 of that 18%. I think you have an inflated idea of the popularity of the Eagles among the masses of serious NFL fans in this nation. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Really?! I seriously doubt there are enough Eagles fans in Cali to be even 1/3 of that 18%. I think you have an inflated idea of the popularity of the Eagles among the masses of serious NFL fans in this nation. 

Speaking as a Eagle fan who lived in the state for over 13 years and witnessing Raider, Rams and Chargers games overwhelmed and taken over by Eagle fans, think it's the opposite of what you posted.

I'm not suggesting there will be no 49ers fans, they don't travel , Hell Vikings fans made that trip in 2018. But it won't be a 1/5 (18-20%) of the Stadium. That's all.

27 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Speaking as a Eagle fan who lived in the state for over 13 years and witnessing Raider, Rams and Chargers games overwhelmed and taken over by Eagle fans, think it's the opposite of what you posted.

I'm not suggesting there will be no 49ers fans, they don't travel , Hell Vikings fans made that trip in 2018. But it won't be a 1/5 (18-20%) of the Stadium. That's all.

As a person who's lived in California for 30 years I know of one eagles fan I've ever met who lived in California. Lol, I go to a lot of sporting events and sports bars. 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I dont really care enough to argue with you about this, but you should know that Niners fans have made up *at least* 35-40% of those in attendance to road games all season long. Every single road game. 

Just because 18% of the ticket sales have been from CA, doesn't mean that is the baseline of what you should expect. The niners have a national fanbase and many of those who go to road games, do so from outside of CA. 

Did anyone else see how the team hotel where the Giants were staying last week had its water main broken? The giants couldnt shower etc at the team hotel the night before the game. Philly restaurants refused to serve the Astros food while the world series was taking place. The niners need to be ready for these shenanigans, hopefully Jed brings the team chefs and prepares all meals in house. I dont want anyone getting sick before this game. I would not put anything past them. 

• Like 1

Feel like it needs to be drilled into Purdy's head that he needs to let it rip quickly next week. 

There were a number of times where he hesitated or decided to break on the pocket yesterday. I would imagine that it's going to be a heavy underneath passing game, especially if Maddox is still out and he's going to need to be fast on that. Just have to bury those in there. 

I'd also expect a heavy dose of CMC...unlike Dallas, Philly isn't that good at containing running backs in the passing game. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

Feel like it needs to be drilled into Purdy's head that he needs to let it rip quickly next week. 

There were a number of times where he hesitated or decided to break on the pocket yesterday. I would imagine that it's going to be a heavy underneath passing game, especially if Maddox is still out and he's going to need to be fast on that. Just have to bury those in there. 

I'd also expect a heavy dose of CMC...unlike Dallas, Philly isn't that good at containing running backs in the passing game. 

Hmm, I've heard they haven't used Nakobe Dean much this year, I wonder if it changes for this game. He was elite at it at UGA. 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Did anyone else see how the team hotel where the Giants were staying last week had its water main broken? The giants couldnt shower etc at the team hotel the night before the game. Philly restaurants refused to serve the Astros food while the world series was taking place. The niners need to be ready for these shenanigans, hopefully Jed brings the team chefs and prepares all meals in house. I dont want anyone getting sick before this game. I would not put anything past them. 

So that 5 star hotel did it on purpose? Didn't care about any of thier other guests, Stop. The water line was fixed within a hr or two. As for restaurants,  is what it is.

22 hours ago, XScutterX said:

Proud of this team no matter the outcome. 

I'm an A's fan, and this sentiment reminds me of the 2013 squad that lost to Verlander at home in the playoffs. I was at the game and the vast majority of the fans stayed after the game and just kept cheering. The team ended up coming out of the clubhouse and the place went wild. It sucked to lose, but it was really cool to be able to show our love for the team and the season that they gave us. Win or lose, it's been a fun ride this year. 

• Like 3

I think this team is ready for the test.  Who knows what is going to happen on Sunday, but this is the match-up that has been stacking up all year.  Both teams are strong across the board, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.  I haven't watched a ton of the Eagles, but they have played well on both sides of the ball as consistently as anyone in the league.  They don't use a lot of different players in the passing game, but the guys they have in there are really good.  

I think it will come down to who scores more points overall.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

As a person who's lived in California for 30 years I know of one eagles fan I've ever met who lived in California. Lol, I go to a lot of sporting events and sports bars. 

As a person who's lived in California for 30 years I know when I wear an Eagles jersey or hat out I usually get at least one "Go birds".

DVOA Prefers 49ers in Close Final Four

NFL Divisional - The San Francisco 49ers continue to lead the NFL in our weighted DVOA ratings after a win over Dallas that was bigger than the final score indicates. After adjusting for the quality of the Cowboys, the 49ers ended up with 61% DVOA for the game, putting them close to the dominating victories by Philadelphia (74%) and Cincinnati (78%) earlier in the weekend.

That big Cincinnati victory moves the Bengals up and the Bills down, which puts the next three teams after San Francisco very close together. Kansas City and Cincinnati, in fact, are now tied in weighted DVOA before they face each other next Sunday in the AFC Conference Championship.

This year's NFL final four contains four of the top five teams from the regular season and four of the top five teams in weighted DVOA including the playoffs. The Buffalo Bills are the odd man out. That means that there has still never been a year where the top four teams in DVOA all made it to the conference championships. That's part of the fun of the NFL playoffs! In fact, there's never even been a year where the top two teams in each conference ended up in the two conference championship games, even if those teams weren't the top four teams overall.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-analysis/2023/dvoa-prefers-49ers-close-final-four

• Like 1