AP Year-End Award Finalists Announced

RaidersAreOne

27 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

That coach of the year finalists list is not right. There are only 3 finalists.

https://apnews.com/article/nfl-awards-mvp-coach-of-the-year-rookie-of-the-year-749e5bf5c9d3c7cd37872f34b49e0928

Daboll, Pederson, and Shanahan.

I'm also seeing sources that the OPOTY finalists are Justin Jefferson, Jalen Hurts, and Patrick Mahomes, leaving out Tyreek Hill. But I can't find an article from the AP that says that yet.

According to the AP, it should be 3 finalists for every award, except MVP which should have 5.

Edited by minutemancl

Christian McCaffery not being an OPoY candidate is kind of crazy. 

• 4th in touches
  • 3rd in yards
  • 4th in TDs
  • 5.7 YPT (second best with 200 touches or more)

Has more yards and TDs than Justin Jefferson and Tyreke Hill. Huge miss by the NFL here.

Also, the OPoY award should be a non-QB award and if you win the MVP, you should be disqualified from OPoY. 

Edited by NinerNation21

28 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Hutchinson is just there due to hype as the #1 overall prospect like when Chase Young got it. 

Woolen was the best, Gardner was almost as good and a bigger name so Sauce will win it.

DROY isn’t a conversation, IMO. You don’t make 1st team All Pro at your position and not bring home additional hardware - Sauce was the best CB in football, let alone the best rookie CB.

I’d need to see metrics that say Woolen was better than Sauce - because Sauce was absolutely a top CB in football this season, regardless of tenure in the league. He played better than more established names such as Jalen Ramsey or Pat Surtain II, he was playing at a veteran level.

• Like 1