What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

4 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Yes a prime 29 year old top 5 WR who had many teams interested in him vs a 40 year old QB who is contemplating retirement who is interested in 1 team and could pretty much deny a trade anywhere else are the exact same situation.

There are no other teams coming for Rodgers. It’s the Hail Mary from the Packers in hoping they can get what they want.

1 minute ago, Greene N White said:

Yes a prime 29 year old top 5 WR who had many teams interested in him vs a 40 year old QB who is contemplating retirement who is interested in 1 team and could pretty much deny a trade anywhere else are the exact same situation.

Even if that was the same, the timescale is completely different.

Let's imagine the only reason the Packers aren't getting interest in Rodgers elsewhere is because they are the ones limiting this to just the Jets (I know, it's hard to focus when you're laughing this hard, but stay with me). The "threat" here is that someone stupid will pay up and force the Jets into matching it.

Well, then the absolute dumbest thing they could do is wait. The more teams involved, the better. By dragging their feet this far, the Packers would have already forced the Panthers to drop out. Same with the Saints. After the draft, you can cross off a few more teams when they take a 1st round QB.

The notion that not only is there this bubbling, exploding market for Rodgers, but that this market is still going to be there on September 1, is nonsense. Teams can play 5 WRs at once, but only 1 QB at a time. Their markets are fundamentally different generally. But even the specifics and timeline make that comp bad.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Even if that was the same, the timescale is completely different.

Let's imagine the only reason the Packers aren't getting interest in Rodgers elsewhere is because they are the ones limiting this to just the Jets (I know, it's hard to focus when you're laughing this hard, but stay with me). The "threat" here is that someone stupid will pay up and force the Jets into matching it.

Well, then the absolute dumbest thing they could do is wait. The more teams involved, the better. By dragging their feet this far, the Packers would have already forced the Panthers to drop out. Same with the Saints. After the draft, you can cross off a few more teams when they take a 1st round QB.

The notion that not only is there this bubbling, exploding market for Rodgers, but that this market is still going to be there on September 1, is nonsense. Teams can play 5 WRs at once, but only 1 QB at a time. Their markets are fundamentally different generally. But even the specifics and timeline make that comp bad.

Yeah that overall was one of the worst football takes I've actually ever seen. I'm appalled that someone could actually even compare the two.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Of all the coping, "we're willingly getting screwed here because deep down we're really nice guys" takes the absolute cake.

Thinking jobs aren't on the line for NY took the cake for me, so we're tied. The owner is tampering on the red carpet of the NFL Honors for Aaron Rodgers, but it's not essential for Joe Douglas to make this happen. Lol.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Thinking jobs aren't on the line for NY took the cake for me, so we're tied. The owner is tampering on the red carpet of the NFL Honors for Aaron Rodgers, but it's not essential for Joe Douglas to make this happen. Lol.

I'll bet Douglas has his job September 1, regardless if the deal is done or not yet. Name your odds.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'll bet Douglas has his job September 1, regardless if the deal is done or not yet. Name your odds.

I think he means that Douglas could get fired after the season but you never know. Next he might compare this situation to the John Elway Colts trade.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

What about Feb 1 of 2024? Who fires a GM week 1? Lol the odds he has a job then are 100%.

Great, so during the entirety of the trade conversations, he's got the most secure job in existence. That's what actually matters.

1 minute ago, Greene N White said:

I think he means that Douglas could get fired after the season but you never know. Next he might compare this situation to the John Elway Colts trade.

Yep, and coaches being on the hot seat after the season doesn't change this season at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Serious question for the room:

Does anyone read "obtuse" in any voice other than Andy Dufresne's from Shawshank?

Shawshank Redemption GIF

I admit, that one definitely comes to mind, but my go-to is still:
390f64d8-bac7-469e-b3d9-5f9b49a7a11d_tex

• Like 1