What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

How many INTs did Brady throw that game?  How many points did Rodgers get off of them?

Look at the fourth quarter drives when GB needed points and look at the lack of offensive productivity.

I'm arguing against your "SB level" claim, not against the claim that Rodgers doesn't show up in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

How many INTs did Brady throw that game?  How many points did Rodgers get off of them?

Look at the fourth quarter drives when GB needed points and look at the lack of offensive productivity.

That loss was on the defense more than anyone to be honest, Rodgers had a very good game against an elite defense. 2022 was on Rodgers and the offense more than anyone (though special teams also take a whole lot of blame). 2020 vs SF was just a brutal steamrolling. 

29 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

That loss was on the defense more than anyone to be honest, Rodgers had a very good game against an elite defense. 2022 was on Rodgers and the offense more than anyone (though special teams also take a whole lot of blame). 2020 vs SF was just a brutal steamrolling. 

To be honest, as a GB fan, I've seen it all.  And I really shouldn't comment until the trade is done.  If it is ever done.

3 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Should Jets fans even want Lazard and Cobb? Are they better than their current WR options?

I dont think so. Davis over Cobb for sure, maybe over Lazard depending on price

7 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Should Jets fans even want Lazard and Cobb? Are they better than their current WR options?

Maybe not Cobb unless it's for the minimum but Lazard is pretty solid.

4 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Yes and no.

Cobb for leadership and really good slot play for like the 4 games a year that he will be healthy.  Meh slot play for the 6 games that he is dinged up.  7 games in which he won't play.  But, given that his contract will be low, he's a great leader and presence for young WR's and he understands Rodgers, which will help your WR room.

Lazard is outstanding.  Physical blocker.  Big slot.  He will do your dirty work and your run game will love him.  RPO stuff will be there with him and he is sneaky fast for a few go routes.  Tireless worker.  He will drop a few easy ones.

My only hesitation on Lazard is his cost.   Like how much do you want to pay for a WR whose best trait is blocking?  And whose high end for yardage is around 800 a season?  I think he's a great 7-8M/year player.  And if you have the cap space for 10-12M, great.  For us (GB), it is not a good use of cap, since we have so little.  But if you have it to burn, you won't hate him and you will love his dirty work.

• Like 1

Cobb at this point is more name than production. Unless you have a really poor slot receiver I don't see the value of signing him. Lazard is a good WR but IMO is in that tier where he is just not good enough for a huge contract but is good enough to probably get signed to a fairly significant contract. A team with a lot of cap and trying to rebuild the WR core like the Bears would be a great pick up to go with Moore and Mooney but if your a team up against the cap I think it would be better used elsewhere.