Super Bowl LVII: The Kelce Reid Bowl

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Chiefs
    • Eagles

2 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I was told quite clearly that the Eagles were so dominant on that end that it wouldn’t matter lol

In all fairness it made sense with Mahomes’ gimpy ankle. He was still moving beautifully though and avoided so many sacks with his feet.

Chiefs OL was also very good but we had like 16 pressures and no sacks lol. That’s just great QB play. 

29 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

They're (a) have to pay Jalen Hurts which I think is a huge mistake, (b) about to lose several key pieces to free agency and/or retirement, (c) losing members of that coaching staff this off-season. Howie Roseman will rebuild that team since they have the 10th overall pick and he knows how to wheel and deal, but they won't be the dominant team they were this year.

You might be right. But the conference also might be wide open.

I also wouldn't pay Hurts 50/year for a decade (I know it makes me a fuddy-duddy, but run-first quarterbacks still scare me as long term investments), but that won't cripple them next year at least.

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

You might be right. But the conference also might be wide open.

I also wouldn't pay Hurts 50/year for a decade (I know it makes me a fuddy-duddy, but run-first quarterbacks still scare me as long term investments), but that won't cripple them next year at least.

More and more I think its fine. Just make sure you can get out in years 4-5 in case of injury. Its a third contract I'd really be scared for.

41 minutes ago, General Tso said:

You know, it continues to impress me how well defensively Lou Anarumo coaches against Mahomes when he has like 1 pro bowler on the defense and a bunch of mid guys.

This can’t be overstated enough. I believe he’s the only who’s slowed their offense with consistency. Or at least made them work for it. Saw them shred apart 2 the leagues best Ds this year in San Fran and Philly. Last year the #1 Bills D never forced them to punt. Really impressive that Cincy has never gotten true Mahomes experience. 

1 minute ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

More and more I think its fine. Just make sure you can get out in years 4-5 in case of injury. Its a third contract I'd really be scared for.

Sure if you can build outs into the contract. But more and more, players are demanding most of it guaranteed. I don't blame them at all, and good for them if they can get it. I just wouldn't want my team handcuffed to it.

38 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

They're (a) have to pay Jalen Hurts which I think is a huge mistake, (b) about to lose several key pieces to free agency and/or retirement, (c) losing members of that coaching staff this off-season. Howie Roseman will rebuild that team since they have the 10th overall pick and he knows how to wheel and deal, but they won't be the dominant team they were this year.

Jalen’s cap hit is $5M next year. I don’t see why that’d change unless I’m forgetting how extensions work. 

6 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:
50 minutes ago, General Tso said:

You know, it continues to impress me how well defensively Lou Anarumo coaches against Mahomes when he has like 1 pro bowler on the defense and a bunch of mid guys.

This can’t be overstated enough. I believe he’s the only who’s slowed their offense with consistency. Or at least made them work for it. Saw them shred apart 2 the leagues best Ds this year in San Fran and Philly. Last year the #1 Bills D never forced them to punt. Really impressive that Cincy has never gotten true Mahomes experience. 

He definitely deserves his head coaching opportunity next year if its not coming this year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I think the Bengals just do more schematically than most of the on paper top defenses do against us. Since they don't have as much talent on defense, they rely more on breaking tendencies, trying to mix things up, and trying to confuse our offense. I'll have to watch this one back still, so I may be wrong on the Eagles bit here, but I don't feel like the other top defenses we've faced over the past two years especially have done as much of that. Buffalo in the playoffs, San Fran early in the season, Philly today, all were incredibly talented defenses. You don't need to try to get fancy with your blitz packages when you have a DL of Reddick, Cox, Graham, and Hargrave, or Bosa and Armstead. Teams with Matt Milano or Fred Warner aren't normally worried about athletic mismatches against TEs. But the Chiefs double up by having talent and really making things confusing schematically. So if you're used to being able to line up and beat the opposition 1v1 on talent, and then you go up against a team on your level in terms of talent, but they also do some really weird ****, then that's a loss all of a sudden. We have the OL to win straight up sometimes, and then we also just throw freaking everything at Hasaan Reddick just to be safe. Like twice in the first quarter we had a TE or RB block him and then catch a screen pass behind him.

I think each of those teams, last years Bills, this years 49ers, and this years Eagles, had talent and scheme on offense, but on defense were more about the talent than they were about the scheme, and Reid/Mahomes will eat that up. Anarumo is good enough schematically to get in a chess match with Reid and win about half of the time. Which is impressive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Kadarius Toney must feel like the luckiest yahoo on the planet right now. Will be very interesting to see his role moving forward. 

Toney will be godly in this offense with a full offseason of install, if he can stay healthy.

Which means like, 10% he's amazing. But I'll take that for what we gave up.