Super Bowl LVII: The Kelce Reid Bowl

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Chiefs
    • Eagles

53 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

It wasn’t ticky tacky though, it was a clear jersey tug by his right hand. He even admitted himself

The question isn't if it was a hold (it was), but rather was this the most egregious hold that either team committed the entire game? 

If it was, then good on the refs for throwing the flag. 

If there were plenty of similar holds that weren't called, and the refs decided to throw the flag in that one instance, then that'd be an issue. The only team to receive non-presnap penalties all game was the Eagles (Hands to face, OPI, defensive holding). It seems the refs were "letting them play," as the saying goes. 

I'm probably in the minority, I think the worst call of the game was the reversal of the 2nd Bolton TD. Sanders took 3 steps. The last holding call was just disappointing as it ended the game on a ref flag. Whether correct or not, in a game with basically no non-procedural penalties, it's tough to have that there. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

The question isn't if it was a hold (it was), but rather was this the most egregious hold that either team committed the entire game? 

If there were plenty of similar holds that weren't called, and the refs decided to throw the flag in that one instance, then that'd be an issue. The only team to receive non-presnap penalties all game was the Eagles (Hands to face, OPI, defensive holding). It seems the refs were "letting them play," as the saying goes. 

Hanlon's Razor. It's very possible that it wasn't the most egregious, but it just happened to be the one they caught. If they saw a similar play earlier, they would have called it. They just didn't see them. In that case though, fan perception (especially if you are a fan of the team on the losing end) feels like the refs were trying to insert themselves into the game.

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

I'm probably in the minority, I think the worst call of the game was the reversal of the 2nd Bolton TD. Sanders took 3 steps. 

I'm not a fan of the instantaneous possession of a catch like Goederts and the added football move needed to a catch like Sanders'.

Both catches IMO. 

6 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I'm probably in the minority, I think the worst call of the game was the reversal of the 2nd Bolton TD. Sanders took 3 steps. The last holding call was just disappointing as it ended the game on a ref flag. Whether correct or not, in a game with basically no non-procedural penalties, it's tough to have that there. 

100% looked pretty clear that it was a fumble to me too.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

9-F42-F0-AA-E110-45-B2-A796-F82-EF205-C3

I hope fouls like that weren’t committed all game, cuz that’s clearly impeding a WR on his route. Bradberry admitted it was a hold, just because he got away with it earlier doesn’t mean you will at the end of the game, as we clearly saw.