Super Bowl LVII: The Kelce Reid Bowl

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Chiefs
    • Eagles

In the past 2 post seasons, the Chiefs have been penalized a total of 16 times for 145 yards. Their opponents? Forty two for 324 yards. Mahomes also leads the league in interceptions negated by penalty over the last two seasons and it’s not close.

Look, if people want to discuss the talent and play calling that’s totally fair. KC is top notch. But it’s disingenuous at best to dismiss people’s complaints about the officiating like it’s some sort of tin foil hat theory. They receive obvious preferential treatment as did Tom Brady’s teams when he was the darling of the league. Just goes with the territory. 

26 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I watched the first minute... does it? Seems more to me like a guy who lost his voice from yelling and screaming during the day. He's coherent and isn't slurring any words or anything.

If that's his normal demeanor, maybe. I've never seen the show

35 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

In the past 2 post seasons, the Chiefs have been penalized a total of 16 times for 145 yards. Their opponents? Forty two for 324 yards. Mahomes also leads the league in interceptions negated by penalty over the last two seasons and it’s not close.

Look, if people want to discuss the talent and play calling that’s totally fair. KC is top notch. But it’s disingenuous at best to dismiss people’s complaints about the officiating like it’s some sort of tin foil hat theory. They receive obvious preferential treatment as did Tom Brady’s teams when he was the darling of the league. Just goes with the territory. 

That's just...not true?

2021:

K😄 6 for 46 yards
Opponents: 11 for 90 yards

KC: 3 for 25
Pittsburgh: 4 for 45

KC: 1 for 10
Buffalo: 3 for 15

KC: 2 for 11
Cincy: 4 for 30

2022:

KC: 10 for 99
Opponents: 20 for 144

KC: 3 for 30
Jacksonville: 5 for 40

KC: 4 for 55
Cincy: 9 for 71

KC: 3 for 14
Philly: 6 for 33

Total:

KC: 16 for 145
Opponents: 31 for 234

You're off by a wide margin on our opponents' penalties, and I'm not sure why. There is a gap there, still, but it amounts to about 2 penalties for 15 yards per game, and you can basically get that gap just from us having the fewest false starts and like the 3rd fewest delay of games of any team in football this year. And you only have to go back one more playoff game for that entire gap to be wiped out from when we were called for 11 penalties for 120 yards in the 2020 superbowl.

Let's be honest though, aside from the KC/Cincy game, these are all really low penalty totals. And what they are calling are almost entirely procedural. The superbowl had 4 offsides, 2 false starts, and a delay of game. The average game this year had just over 11 penalties, and only the KC/Cincy game hit that mark. They clearly don't call much judgment stuff in the postseason.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I know. But Travis completely romanticized that "narrative" if it was even that in his postgame interview. Kind of funny. 

I mean of course, heck even the Bengals were scouring the internet to find haters. Any extra motivation to win a SB lol

• Like 2