Super Bowl LVII: The Kelce Reid Bowl

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Chiefs
    • Eagles

Just now, NJerseypaint said:

I know everyone is crying about the holding call, but that was easily the best SB in recent memory. Just big play after big play after big play. Hurts and Mahommes put on an amazing show and I'm kinda bummed that people rather talk about a holding call when this game was so good.

Its well established psychologically that humans naturally remember/overvalue the end of things more than the beginning or middle. The ticky tack call prevented an exciting ending and led to kneeldowns and a chip shot field goal. Other than that it was indeed a very good and well played game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I know everyone is crying about the holding call, but that was easily the best SB in recent memory. Just big play after big play after big play. Hurts and Mahommes put on an amazing show and I'm kinda bummed that people rather talk about a holding call when this game was so good.

For 58 minutes absolutely. Then as someone said earlier it completely killed everything that came before it. Which is a damn shame. The Chiefs are undoubtedly worthy Super Bowl champions and did some amazing things especially against such an incredible pass rush. Instead the talk is about the refs, like it always is in the NFL, because it's terribly run.

9 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Its well established psychologically that humans naturally remember/overvalue the end of things more than the beginning or middle. The ticky tack call prevented an exciting ending and led to kneeldowns and a chip shot field goal. Other than that it was indeed a very good and well played game.

It wasn’t ticky tacky though, it was a clear jersey tug by his right hand. He even admitted himself

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WheatieMan said:

I do wonder if coaches would always have players slide before goal line and run out the clock if they are down by 1-2 points. Tie game it's much easier to not run in. But you do wonder if a player would slide with less than a minute instead of walking in and going up six or seven.

Imo, you should have faith in your st unit to hit the chip shot. Im more conservative in that regard though, so I'd take the TD and the lead and trust my d to make one last stop. 

The call that I found interesting at the end was the squib. The eagles were only ever going to have time for one play whether you squib or kick deep. IMO, I'd rather make the eagles take that attempt from the 25 and remove the risk of a return TD at the same time by kicking the touchback. I felt squibbing game the eagles a look at a potential return and have them a shorter field to try and score with one play. Obviously it didn't matter, but it was still an odd decision to me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

It wasn’t ticky tacky though, it was a clear jersey tug by his right hand. He even admitted himself

I just meant it was a routine hold that happens all the time in big game. I honestly haven't even complained once about the call, just noting why many might not remember this game for how good it actually was.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

I just meant it was a routine hold that happens all the time in big game. I honestly haven't even complained once about the call, just noting why many might not remember this game for how good it actually was.

Routine?  This ain’t routine at all man, pretty clear hold 

9-F42-F0-AA-E110-45-B2-A796-F82-EF205-C3

45 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Imo, you should have faith in your st unit to hit the chip shot. Im more conservative in that regard though, so I'd take the TD and the lead and trust my d to make one last stop. 

The call that I found interesting at the end was the squib. The eagles were only ever going to have time for one play whether you squib or kick deep. IMO, I'd rather make the eagles take that attempt from the 25 and remove the risk of a return TD at the same time by kicking the touchback. I felt squibbing game the eagles a look at a potential return and have them a shorter field to try and score with one play. Obviously it didn't matter, but it was still an odd decision to me.

I was thinking that too. I would have told Butker to boot it out of the back of the endzone. But I do see the line of reasoning for a squib.

Pros of a squib vs touchback: The offense is not on the field and it takes a few more seconds off the clock, with the potential to end the game there if the special teams messes up in a situation that is not all that common to be in.

Cons of a squib vs touchback: There is a chance for more shenanigans and you put them in better field position overall.

I think in the end, it probably is mostly a wash, mostly because the Eagles didn't have any timeouts. You'd need to score a touchdown on that play; barring a penalty, there is no time for a play to get into field goal range then a field goal attempt. Like you said, they only had time for 1 play if KC played the sidelines correctly. Is it meaningful at all if they had to go 75 yards vs 60? Probably not.