Super Bowl LVII: The Kelce Reid Bowl

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Chiefs
    • Eagles

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Can we discuss how bad the Eagles defensive coordinator is? The Chiefs clearly schemed the Eagles that if they send players in motion and snap them back out, the Eagles defense would leave them wide open. Toney and Moore didn't have a defender within 10 yards of them AT THE GOAL LINE.

To me this is just an example of how much superior the Chiefs coaching and scheme was.

Absolutely SCHOOLED them in the second half

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Neither pass rush got much pressure. Hurts had all day to throw, and Chiefs were doing a lot of quick stuff but had pretty good pass pro when they did to let a play develop. Wouldn’t be surprised if the poor field conditions factored into that, would especially hurt pass rushers coming off the edge. Of course, both OLs are great, so maybe they just both took care of business and field hurt them equally.

Either way, the hyped up Eagles D got dominated in embarrassing fashion. The Chiefs moved down the field all game so effortlessly. I tend to think it was more coaching than talent, but result is the same.

Combination of the inexcusably bad field conditions as well as the Chiefs game plan for Mahomes to get it out quickly, which he did.

Edited by childofpudding

1 hour ago, biggie. said:

My biggest question is whatever happened to Mahomes' "high ankle sprain"? That crap takes WEEKS to fully heal. I know these guys are insane athletes but I find it hard to believe Mahones really had one.

All about selling a story.

So I never take anything at face value, HOWEVER, this may be the case where the story they told also happened to be the truth: Soon after the sprain happened, when they ran further tests or whatever the next day, they straight up said it's actually not as bad as they initially feared. So it's not that crazy. And even though he looked pretty good, I bet it's still healing.

Congrats to the Chiefs. Well deserved victory!

This SB was a masterclass in offensive playcalling, some nasty routes and concepts on display, really shows if you're not going all in on the offensive side of the ball, you're doing it wrong.

Also some really fabulous O-line play from both teams.

Going back to the Chiefs, they got hot at the right moment, and finished stronger than anyone else. Really thought the Eagles would take them on, but some little mistakes ended up costing them big. 

And that's the Chiefs in a nutshell, you need a nearly perfect game to beat them, the last years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Didn't catch the game. Refs FTW or nah? People seem pissed online. 

It's all about 1 play, right at the end, called holding and auto 1st down on 3rd and 9. Part of the blame goes to the broadcast, for showing a slo-mo replay from the angle you couldn't see the hold.

But from the side view angle, you can clearly see the hold (which was called), right at the receivers first cut, and then the tug that the slo-mo was replaying (which isnt' a foul IMO, and would be PI).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Didn't catch the game. Refs FTW or nah? People seem pissed online. 

Basically there was one defensive holding call that enabled a go ahead field goal for the Chiefs when otherwise the Eagles would have time for two minute game winning or tying drive. Call was there but it was very soft and they let far more go earlier. 

It’s more that the game was all set up to be a classic and that got taken away because in a big moment the refs finally stepped in and decided to not let them play. It’s not egregious, but it spoiled the game. It’s like when a great movie as a ****ty deus ex machina ending that takes the wind out of everyone’s sales 

I do wonder if coaches would always have players slide before goal line and run out the clock if they are down by 1-2 points. Tie game it's much easier to not run in. But you do wonder if a player would slide with less than a minute instead of walking in and going up six or seven.

Edited by WheatieMan

2 hours ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Live it up, bro. You are the last fan anyone will give a hard time to over it. The grand majority of you are all cool though.

I've lived a number of places with NFL fandoms. KC is one of them: their fanbase is the most football-educated and well-mannered of any of them.