Super Bowl LVII - Philadelphia vs Kansas City

Leader

Philly better get theirs this year because they are about to go into franchise quarterback purgatory. Rumors they will give Hurts 50 million a year. When you look at all the other free agents they have this off season, they are going backwards next year. 

Jalen Hurts contract extension rumors heat up as Eagles get set to play in Super Bowl LVII | Fox News

2023 NFL Free Agents Tracker | Spotrac

I do think they will win tonight, however. 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Philly better get theirs this year because they are about to go into franchise quarterback purgatory. Rumors they will give Hurts 50 million a year. When you look at all the other free agents they have this off season, they are going backwards next year. 

Jalen Hurts contract extension rumors heat up as Eagles get set to play in Super Bowl LVII | Fox News

Yeah their pending free agents list is crazy. I hope they can pull it off today

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Reading some in their forum and General it doesn't sound like they're in that bad of a spot cap wise and shouldn't be moving forward. I think they'll be around for a little while yet, especially with the extra draft capital they still have

That all said, let's go KC. Philly fans are some of the worst in all of sports

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Agreed. If Philly loses that will really put a nail in the coffin of the idea you can pay a big name QB and still win the SB.

3 hours ago, Sandy said:

Yeah their pending free agents list is crazy. I hope they can pull it off today

They do have #10 and #30/31 this year, so they'll have a good chance to replace at least two of those players. But paying Hurts will definitely make things tougher.

55 minutes ago, Striker said:

They do have #10 and #30/31 this year, so they'll have a good chance to replace at least two of those players. But paying Hurts will definitely make things tougher.

Slay and Lane Johnson shift $22.5M with restructures.  Hurts gets a decent bump up in pay, but the big cap hits are a few years out with how most teams do these big contracts.  

Bradberry, Edwards, Gardner-Johnson, Cox/Hargrove are the pieces for their D

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

As far as sports watching? Baseball works for me.
The basketball playoffs when/if the Lakers are a factor....which hasnt been for awhile.

I know a pretty damn good team with a generational talent who is equally just a refreshingly easy superstar to support if you need a team outside of the Lakeshow.