Brian Flores Hired as Defensive Coordinator

battle2heaven

8 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

They literally had three draft picks get hurt for pretty much the whole year last year. And the previous Cisco didn't play rookies.... Hard the develop much that way

The injuries did not help. I don't think they have to stay right away to develop though. 

We have some formerly great players and some young players with a lot of question marks with some players that are JAGs. No one is really in their prime.

I do think the defense could improve quite a bit if they focus on it this offseason

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

The injuries did not help. I don't think they have to stay right away to develop though. 

We have some formerly great players and some young players with a lot of question marks with some players that are JAGs. No one is really in their prime.

I do think the defense could improve quite a bit if they focus on it this offseason

There have been too many misses on picks, agreed

5 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

If you’re a Harrison Smith fan, this is fantastic news. Almost guaranteed he’ll be back. 

If you’re a Patrick Peterson fan, you may need to prepare yourself for disappointment. 

But I’m very curious what this could mean for Za’Darius Smith. With Hunternon one side, does Z fit what Flores looks for on the opposite side?

I just don’t see letting Z go at his contract price for what he did produce.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

We will end up with one, but most I’m not a fan of most. Duke Riley and Devin Bush had their short time…. But please no Cam Sutton.

Cam Sutton personally I believe isn’t that bad, but to bring him in seems like an overpay compared to what he could get on the D Line. Sutton is good, but we will pay him as a top CB.

I am very happy to wake up to the news that the Vikings have hired a defensive coordinator.  Flores has a good track record with defenses. I am happy trusting Kwesi's evaluation of the situation and hire -- even if he was involved in the Donatell hire that had poor results.

I look forward to seeing what Flores does with the Vikings defense.  Hopefully the GM is able to get him the main pieces he needs for his defense to operate.  I trust Adofo-Mensah knew what that would look like before hiring Flores. 

• Like 1