Jonathan Gannon to be Cardinals Head Coach

JetsandI

This was the pick me up Philly needed.

Frustrating coordinator, especially for this fanbase that adored Jim Johnson and Buddy Ryan so much. 

He’s the defensive equivalent of the Shanny tree. When it works, man is it great. But you face a good team it kinda can’t overcome it. And also is just sorta safe.

Howie stacked the D for him this year.

11 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

This was the pick me up Philly needed.

Frustrating coordinator, especially for this fanbase that adored Jim Johnson and Buddy Ryan so much. 

He’s the defensive equivalent of the Shanny tree. When it works, man is it great. But you face a good team it kinda can’t overcome it. And also is just sorta safe.

Howie stacked the D for him this year.

Just FYI, telling a Cardinals fan that someone is nothing like Buddy Ryan is a very very very good thing 😉 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Imagine watching the Chiefs offense roll in the second half, and go "That defensive coordinator who isn't adjusting / is getting exposed near the goal line? Yes, that's our head coach".

Chiefs offense rolled the whole game against DeMeco’s defense on the road, but a lot of people think that’s a great hire.

Overall, eh.

2 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Did they run a fake hiring process so the GM could get the guy he wanted all along? Seems dicey…

GMs have a favorite for the job they're hiring for a lot. Happened last year with the Giants in Schoen and Daboll as well. I wouldn't call it a 'fake' hiring process.

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

i have no idea what that means, i think that is just a thing ppl say when you're a bad team. 

I mean, yes, we are a bad team. Our team had no leadership or organization at all under Kliff. He was soft on players, seemingly no accountability, and now the only time we play well is when Kyler wakes up from nap time. 

I just feel like everyone we interviewed this cycle, outside of Sean Payton, I didn’t find all that impressive. Gannon vs Anarumo and Kafka feels like the same thing. Kafka felt to me just like hiring another Kliff, Anarumo feels Fangio like. Gannon comes off to me like there’s trying for a Dan Campbell/Mike Vrabel type, which makes sense given where our GM and AGM came from.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

I mean, yes, we are a bad team. Our team had no leadership or organization at all under Kliff. He was soft on players, seemingly no accountability, and now the only time we play well is when Kyler wakes up from nap time. 

I just feel like everyone we interviewed this cycle, outside of Sean Payton, I didn’t find all that impressive. Gannon vs Anarumo and Kafka feels like the same thing. Kafka felt to me just like hiring another Kliff, Anarumo feels Fangio like. Gannon comes off to me like there’s trying for a Dan Campbell/Mike Vrabel type, which makes sense given where our GM and AGM came from.  

Gannon is way more like Fangio than Campbell or Vrabel using your examples.