2023 Scouting Combine Thread

Ty21

Bears are really fortunate this is such a strong DL/Edge draft.

I hope we get a good trade down.   Would like some extra shots at some of these apples.

I think they have to take a big inside dude.   I think their value is really underrated.   The analysts have it wrong there.

If you can hold the LOS and occupy two guys for much, if not all of a rep - that has a lot value to a defense.

Schemes are ultimately numbers games.   You either want more numbers here or a one on one there with one of your good players.   

A guy who gives you a 2 for 1 anywhere has a lot of value as it gives you numbers.

Bonus if they can push pocket from inside on a bull rush.   

16 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

the chatter at the combine is that that starting point for moving to #1 from outside top-5 (LV, ATL, CAR) is a 1 and 2 this year, plus a 2024 1 and 2025 1

I assume LV would be most valuable to us as of the three, they’re most likely to trend downwards. Car and ATL with a competent qb are at least middle of the pack. 

32 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

the chatter at the combine is that that starting point for moving to #1 from outside top-5 (LV, ATL, CAR) is a 1 and 2 this year, plus a 2024 1 and 2025 1

Throw in Max Crosby/Kyle Pitt/Brian Burns and it’s all yours 😂…maybe a 4th too 😂

39 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Adebawore has done so much for himself 

No doubt he has helped himself but very few franchises are stupid enough to go off the combine & not the tape…the tape doesn’t show as much explosiveness as his numbers suggest…I like him but not until the 3rd/4th as I don't see him as an everydown linemen.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

And I disagree. This stuff from the other day (which is nearly all conjecture at this point) makes no impact on what I think of him as a prospect. He has had the "immature" tag on him this entire time, that didnt pop up out of nowhere. Thats been there and its part of dealing with Elite talent

And yes, I see carter as ELITE talent, I dont see Anderson that way, I see him a rung below, but he is safe. He measured and tested just fine, and he is almost always doing the right thing on tape, but I dont think Ive ever seen a snap that makes me say "wow" like Carter often does. 

Its 15 years later and Im having flashbacks to the Chris Long/Glenn Dorsey discussions from back in St. Louis

Ok forget that if you want but you're telling me you're not at all concerned with Carter's usage on that Georgia DL and him being subbed out a lot during games..and his subsequent lack of production in the stat column? 

For a players with his supposed talent and skill wouldn't you have expect a little better all things considered?

If not then I would love to hear your reasoning 

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Throw in Max Crosby/Kyle Pitt/Brian Burns and it’s all yours 😂…maybe a 4th too 😂

i know youre joking, but i do love pole's high ask. even if that moves down to just 1 future first and another pick/player, you always want to start high

i would love to ask carolina to throw burns/moore, but i think they might think they're a qb away from really owning the NFCS (which i agree with) and they wont add those guys

28 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Now you are trying to scam lolz ahahahaahaha🤣

I think Burns, 1st and 2nd 2023, and 1st 2024 would do the trick.... (My second choice)

or Simmons (my first choice) from the Titans, or Payne (3rd choice) from Washington along with those same picks will work for us... :)

And if we sign an OG and OT, then the draft will be mostly for the defense.  The Bears will be in the playoff lolz ahahha😂

32 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

No doubt he has helped himself but very few franchises are stupid enough to go off the combine & not the tape…the tape doesn’t show as much explosiveness as his numbers suggest…I like him but not until the 3rd/4th as I don't see him as an everydown linemen.

I think he is now a high second rounder... if not late 1st....