2023 Scouting Combine Thread

Ty21

Regarding QB size/weight... this isn't 30 years ago where you could cream QBs legally. These days, if you so much as fart as them you are getting flagged.

This means that, inherently, there will be less hits on Bryce Young (unless he playcaller goes full Mike Martz on him).

Much ado about nothing and I am so, SO "relieved" he measured in as Kyler Murray.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Someone is going to think this kid is Cam Newton 2.0

FWIW Newton was DOMINANT at Auburn. Richardson wasn’t nearly that, and if he doesn’t become a significantly better passer then he is going to max out as the same frustrating pro Newton was for his teams too, and maybe lower. But hey, that’ll be good for fantasy football, so… 🤷‍♂️

For as much talk as there was about LJax 5 years ago (who was a similar passer in college, albeit far more successful than Richardson), I’m surprised there isn’t there any talk about how Richardson maybe should be switching positions. For as much talk as there is about him comping with Newton he also is a physical comp with guys like George Kittle and TJ Hockenson, and mismatch receiving TEs are all the rage. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, G08 said:

Regarding QB size/weight... this isn't 30 years ago where you could cream QBs legally. These days, if you so much as fart as them you are getting flagged.

This means that, inherently, there will be less hits on Bryce Young (unless he playcaller goes full Mike Martz on him).

Much ado about nothing and I am so, SO "relieved" he measured in as Kyler Murray.

So this year, you werent concerned about Justin Fields health at all? Becuase he couldnt get creamed? Haha

13 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

So this year, you werent concerned about Justin Fields health at all? Becuase he couldnt get creamed? Haha

Imagine how creamed Tua would’ve gotten 30 years ago 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Imagine how creamed Tua would’ve gotten 30 years ago 

Unspeakable amounts of cream.....I think Tua and Bryce Young can take it going forward though....he has a good point that officials will only take so much creaming on the field when it comes to QB's

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

He made the 200lbs mark.

Good for him, there's isn't a GM I'm the league who thinks he will play a single game at 200 lbs.  He should have just come in at his playing weight bc the questions aren't going to stop.  You either have to trust He can take the riggers of playing in the NFL at the ~190lbs he is going to weigh on game day, or you don't draft him.  

Disappointing 40 times across the board for all the top wr... Especially since most of them are super light quick guys. Addison, Hyatt, and Flowers all over 4.4..and nothing special about their 10 yards split times either. 

JSN should have just run today, he'd have fit right in

Edited by Epyon

From everything I am reading this has been a great day for us...Richardson looked like the freakiest of all freaky athletes & Levis' arm was live and stood out from every other QB...Young hit a number of benchmarks which now take away the "no one has ever been build like him" well he is basically the exact same size as another former #1 pick...easier sell to any owner with concerns...

I also love that some of the WRs at the top of the draft didn't test as well as expected as it drops them into range for a trade back up to the end of the 1st-top of the 2nd to grab one...might even muddy the waters so much that a few of them fall later than expected.