Arrest warrant issued for potential 1st overall pick DT Jalen Carter

RaidersAreOne

While legally, it's something that can be dealt with swiftly, it does put into question character and decision making for teams who are drawing up their draft boards. 

Sucks for him that it came out during the combine and not during the draft like Travon Walkers crash last season. Georgia needs better mentorship on their team it appears. 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think it'll end up being a huge deal but I'm assuming that he'll miss the combine now which sucks. I wouldn't be shocked if he's the third DL off the board now behind Anderson and Wilson.

Definitely won't be a big deal for the draft imo. I'd be surprised if he's not a top 4 pick

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Slap on the wrist

GA statute for misdemeanors is a max penalty of 1 year in jail AND/OR $1000 fine AND/OR community service for each offense. I'd expect $2,000 and some community service to be his penalties.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scar988 said:

He made those claims in december. The accident happened in january.

Are you implying that he'd clearly never shown any hint of troublesome character issues prior to that? That this racing incident came completely out of the blue for him, something he'd never have even dreamed of before?

• Like 11