Does the Rodgers trade REALLY solve NYJ's QB problem?

notthatbluestuff

38 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Almost every WR is putting up 1,100 if they got 150 targets, regardless of who the QB is.

Wilson was targeted that much because he consistently gets open with ease, you act like scrubs are getting 150 targets. Wilson would have had a few 200+ yard games last season if he had a QB who could hit him in stride. 

And putting up 1,100 yards for the Jets as a rookie is something special, considering that has never been done before and the last time we had a 1,000 yard WR was 2015. 

36 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Wilson was targeted that much because he consistently gets open with ease, you act like scrubs are getting 150 targets. Wilson would have had a few 200+ yard games last season if he had a QB who could hit him in stride. 

And putting up 1,100 yards for the Jets as a rookie is something special, considering that has never been done before and the last time we had a 1,000 yard WR was 2015. 

1,100 rec yards with Zach Wilson, Mike White, and the corpse of Joe Flacco throwing to you is nearly deserving of bust in Canton.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 9:44 AM, squire12 said:

So you feel making the JETS a super bowl contender is not worth pick 13 in the 2023 draft?

That's entirely irrelevant.

Does the market dictate that we need to raise our offer that high when we're the only girl at the dance? The answer is no. 

18 hours ago, incognito_man said:

So you hated that Lazard signing I assume?

Hated? I mean he costs $3 mil in cap space, so he fits what we need. If he was signed to be WR1, yes I would. But considering we have Wilson as WR1 and Elijah Moore, he gives us a big body WR who can block that we needed to fill out the receiver room.  I don't think Lazard is anything special as a player. 

Edited by NYJets4716

11 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Hated? I mean he costs $3 mil in cap space, so he fits what we need. If he was signed to be WR1, yes I would. But considering we have Wilson as WR1 and Elijah Moore, he gives us a big body WR who can block that we needed to fill out the receiver room.  I don't think Lazard is anything special as a player. 

$44million for a bum is ok?

6 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

His guarantee was less than what Corey Davis got from us. 

Overall contracts are meaningless. 

And if he is a WR1? Yes he is a bum. 

This was your first taste of it. You can palate it now, but just wait. Aaron is a terrible GM/recruiter - the add-ons for Aaron take away from the value. 

It's an overpay for a role guy. He's not s bum. Which is why I was worth pointing out and seeing you squirm trying to defend your earlier post :)

49 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This was your first taste of it. You can palate it now, but just wait. Aaron is a terrible GM/recruiter - the add-ons for Aaron take away from the value. 

It's an overpay for a role guy. He's not s bum. Which is why I was worth pointing out and seeing you squirm trying to defend your earlier post :)

He got less guaranteed money than Corey Davis did for us. Starting WRs go for around $11 mil per now. Star WRs go for over $20 mil per.  This is the league now, players get paid in FA. 

We gave Berrios around 6-7 mil per and he was only a gadget player. 

Edited by NYJets4716

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

He got less guaranteed money than Corey Davis did for us. Starting WRs go for around $11 mil per now. Star WRs go for over $20 mil per.  This is the league now, players get paid in FA. 

We gave Berrios around 6-7 mil per and he was only a gadget player. 

Everyone knows you're being disingenuous, pal.

Lazard was described by you as a "bum" while wearing a GB uniform and now he suddenly graduated to "starting WR" after changing his clothes.

20 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Lazard was described by you as a "bum" while wearing a GB uniform and now he suddenly graduated to "starting WR" after changing his clothes.

You’re arguing with a kid that thought Zach Wilson was good. Should tell you everything you need to know.

26 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You're also being disingenuous.

He's already stated he's fine with Lazard as a 3rd option at WR considering his contract and that Lazard fits a role we need to fill. He's not saying Lazard is a #1. So if anything else graduated from "bum" to "fine to have the on the roster as long as he's not overpaid".

9 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

You’re arguing with a kid that thought Zach Wilson was good. Should tell you everything you need to know.

"Fan of team roots for rookie QB to do well". OMG HOW COULD HE?!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

You're also being disingenuous.

He's already stated he's fine with Lazard as a 3rd option at WR considering his contract and that Lazard fits a role we need to fill. He's not saying Lazard is a #1. So if anything else graduated from "bum" to "fine to have the on the roster as long as he's not overpaid".

"Fan of team roots for rookie QB to do well". OMG HOW COULD HE?!

Yea cause saying he’s good and hoping he’s good are the same thing 😂