Bears sign Robert Tonyan

beardown3231

Called this one in one of my mocks 🥳

Seems like a great fit, I wouldnt immediately assume he will  be the #2 TE when it comes to being a weapon. Kmet very well could outpace him, but Tonyan is no slouch.

The more middle/intermediate weapons for Fields, the better

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Nice.

Local kid from McHenry, IL.  Real close to me.

My ex-boss's 2nd cousin or nephew.  I forget which.

His family is old McHenry county.   They have a number of businesses in the county.

This makes me not hate this signing anymore. Would have much preferred schultz or gesicki though I am certain they will be more expensive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pool said:

This makes me not hate this signing anymore. Would have much preferred schultz or gesicki though I am certain they will be more expensive.

I get that, but I still think Kmet showed just enough last year to make everyone in the building to go “could he be a stud?” And give him one more year to find out.

Tonyan likely helps accentuate him, rather than impede him

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

I get that, but I still think Kmet showed just enough last year to make everyone in the building to go “could he be a stud?” And give him one more year to find out.

Tonyan likely helps accentuate him, rather than impede him

I'm good with that. I'm all in on Kmet. Just wanted to see 2 TE sets with Kmet, Gesicki/Schultz,  Moore, Claypool, and Mooney (which idk if its even possible? not at all an X's and O's guy)

In 2020, when he caught 52 passes, Tonyan was No. 1 in catch percentage (89.7), drop percentage (0.0) and passer rating (148.3) among tight ends with 40-plus targets, according to PFF. In 2022, he was No. 1 in catch percentage (84.1) and No. 2 in drop percentage (one; 1.9 percent).”

If he stays healthy, that’s a pretty decent #2 compared to what we’ve had to deal with of late. A guy that never drops the ball will be a quick friend to Fields, who almost only knew guys that never catch the ball last year.