Fantasy Football General Discussion 2023

NYRaider

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I would gamble on achane before Miller unless it's super important for week one for you. Achane is a better stash to me

I have some other options for week 1. We start 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE and 2 flex spots. So may end up having to start Isaiah Hodgins, Damien Harris or one of those backs in my 2nd flex spot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Appreciate the responses @Forge and @tyler735

Reminds me of when Kamara was a rookie. Had to stay patient in the early weeks and keep him on my bench but he helped me win the league. Hoping for the same from Achane....or Miller in NO 😜

Yeah I like Miller as well. He has a great opportunity the first 3 weeks of the season to audition for snaps with Kamara on suspension. I'm not really convinced Jamaal Williams will amount to anything of value with the Saints. Last year seemed like a fluky season where he was given an insane amount of work on the goal line to pad his touchdown stats. His overall production outside of that throughout his career isn't particularly noteworthy. Long story short, if Miller comes in and impresses in those first 3 weeks, I have a feeling it will be the Kamara/Miller show for most of the season in the backfield with Williams taking a backseat. Definitely 2 of my favorite "sleeper" RB's though in Achane and Miller. Have both of them in my 2 leagues.  

Need some breakout WRs later in the draft. Later as in round 8+. I keep eying one of the 2 Texans WRs but I dont know what one its going to be. Nico Collins or Tank Dell.

Then there is a giant pool of guys like

• Treylon Burks
  • Tyler Boyd
  • Darnell Mooney
  • Elijah Moore
  • Jacobi Meyers
  • MVS
  • Skyy Moore
  • Romeo Doubs
  • Rashod Bateman
  • KJ Osborn
  • Hunter Renfroe
  • Chase Claypool
  • Johnathan Mingo
  • Van Jefferson
  • Justyn Ross

There is some talent there as your WR4-5...its just so hard to wade through and figure out who stands the best chance at booming.

Edited by AkronsWitness

24 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Need some breakout WRs later in the draft. Later as in round 8+. I keep eying one of the 2 Texans WRs but I dont know what one its going to be. Nico Collins or Tank Dell.

• Treylon Burks
  • Tyler Boyd
  • Darnell Mooney
  • Elijah Moore
  • Jacobi Meyers
  • MVS
  • Skyy Moore
  • Romeo Doubs
  • Rashod Bateman
  • KJ Osborn
  • Hunter Renfroe
  • Chase Claypool
  • Johnathan Mingo
  • Van Jefferson
  • Justyn Ross

There is some talent there as your WR4-5...its just so hard to wade through and figure out who stands the best chance at booming.

I basically threw dart after dart art guys like this late in me draft. 

I took skyy Moore. I think it's just a good idea to try and get a piece of that offense. My understanding is that he's playing in 2 receiver sets and running a lot in the slot otherwise. Seems like it could be good volume in ppr. Given that mvs is a clear out option, I don't think much changes there. 

I wish like Gabe Davis. Again, just want a piece of that offense.

Bateman is a good option as I think he may be more likely to get the two receiver stuff as opposed to Zay flowers. I don't like that he can't stay healthy though

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

• Treylon Burks
  • Tyler Boyd
  • Darnell Mooney
  • Elijah Moore
  • Jacobi Meyers
  • MVS
  • Skyy Moore
  • Romeo Doubs
  • Rashod Bateman
  • KJ Osborn
  • Hunter Renfroe
  • Chase Claypool
  • Johnathan Mingo
  • Van Jefferson
  • Justyn Ross

Burks, Skyy, Doubs and Bateman would be my targets here. 

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

• Treylon Burks
  • Tyler Boyd
  • Darnell Mooney
  • Elijah Moore
  • Jacobi Meyers
  • MVS
  • Skyy Moore
  • Romeo Doubs
  • Rashod Bateman
  • KJ Osborn
  • Hunter Renfroe
  • Chase Claypool
  • Johnathan Mingo
  • Van Jefferson
  • Justyn Ross

Lazard, Shaheed, Zay Jones, Thielen, Osborn are some guys I go after.. Josh Reynolds is a sneaky good pick way late.

For redraft though, I only play bestball fwiw

10 hours ago, Forge said:

I basically threw dart after dart art guys like this late in me draft. 

I took skyy Moore. I think it's just a good idea to try and get a piece of that offense. My understanding is that he's playing in 2 receiver sets and running a lot in the slot otherwise. Seems like it could be good volume in ppr. Given that mvs is a clear out option, I don't think much changes there. 

I wish like Gabe Davis. Again, just want a piece of that offense.

Bateman is a good option as I think he may be more likely to get the two receiver stuff as opposed to Zay flowers. I don't like that he can't stay healthy though

Yeah, I read that Skyy Moore is going to be a starter and not taken off the field so that has be intrigued. However I was burned by him last year when he didnt do jack so I have a bad taste in my mouth trying to chase around KC players outside of Kelce. However, it is round 8+ we are talking so consistency is not there with these guys

What about Renfrow? He was great until his injury but I saw that Meyers (for some reason) is going to be the second guy in that offense. I would like to think if he is apart of the plans that he has WR3 upside with Jimmys love for conservative 5-10 yard dink/dunk throws.

Bateman I like a lot outside of the team he plays on. Its hard to trust a guy with Lamar throwing to him, especially in a offense with OBJ screaming for the ball every play and their new shiny toy in Flowers needing snaps. Lot of mouths to feed on that offense all of a sudden for a team that isnt known for passing the ball and Bateman has Keenan Allen syndrome of missing chunks of games every single year. IDK. 

However, Tank Dell vs. Nico Collins. Whose it gonna be. I want the WR1 in that offense (this is a keeper/dynasty league btw) because not only do I want a excuse to watch more Texans games for Stroud, but logic says somebody on that offense is going to finish with 1,100 yards and 6-7 TDs receiving. Volume, volume, volume. One of them is going to get volume, I just dont know who it is lol Any Texans fans @ET80 care to weigh in?

Edited by AkronsWitness

31 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

However, Tank Dell vs. Nico Collins. Whose it gonna be. I want the WR1 in that offense (this is a keeper/dynasty league btw) because not only do I want a excuse to watch more Texans games for Stroud, but logic says somebody on that offense is going to finish with 1,100 yards and 6-7 TDs receiving. Volume, volume, volume. One of them is going to get volume, I just dont know who it is lol Any Texans fans @ET80 care to weigh in?

I *think* it's going to start as Nico - but as the season (and subsequent career path) moves, it’s going to flip to Dell. Dell is going to get the ball in very creative ways - screens, end arounds, shovels, jet sweeps - as Dell starts to see NFL speed around him and how he’s going to use his own tools against that speed.

I think Dell is going to be successfully deployed like Percy Harvin was in his career - use him as a weapon, don’t tie him down with traditional position responsibilities. This 49ers-based staff is the same offensive brain trust that figured out how to use Deebo Samuel - Dell doesn’t have the same ability that Deebo has, but there is still enough of a unique skillset to leverage in a similar way.

Gun to my head: Nico starts off as the bigger name, but Dell is the stash and hold guy. 

16 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

• Treylon Burks
  • Tyler Boyd
  • Darnell Mooney
  • Elijah Moore
  • Jacobi Meyers
  • MVS
  • Skyy Moore
  • Romeo Doubs
  • Rashod Bateman
  • KJ Osborn
  • Hunter Renfroe
  • Chase Claypool
  • Johnathan Mingo
  • Van Jefferson
  • Justyn Ross

There is some talent there as you’re WR4-5...it’s just so hard to wade through and figure out who stands the best chance at booming.

Both Moores would be my targets  

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

What about Renfrow? He was great until his injury but I saw that Meyers (for some reason) is going to be the second guy in that offense. I would like to think if he is apart of the plans that he has WR3 upside with Jimmys love for conservative 5-10 yard dink/dunk throws.

The problem with renfrow for me is that he's in a slow, conservative offense that will run the ball, drain the clock, and is a 2/3. I'm not sure how good the offense will be, so I'm not in a hurry to add pieces from it outside the obvious

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

I *think* it's going to start as Nico - but as the season (and subsequent career path) moves, it’s going to flip to Dell. Dell is going to get the ball in very creative ways - screens, end arounds, shovels, jet sweeps - as Dell starts to see NFL speed around him and how he’s going to use his own tools against that speed.

I think Dell is going to be successfully deployed like Percy Harvin was in his career - use him as a weapon, don’t tie him down with traditional position responsibilities. This 49ers-based staff is the same offensive brain trust that figured out how to use Deebo Samuel - Dell doesn’t have the same ability that Deebo has, but there is still enough of a unique skillset to leverage in a similar way.

Gun to my head: Nico starts off as the bigger name, but Dell is the stash and hold guy. 

Welp..looks like I have no other choice but to draft both of them now. That's the type of deep dive info I needed thank you

• Like 1

I’ve done countless mocks and have many different strategies to go off but they all differ depending on my first pick. I’d like some thoughts on that pick based on availability.  

Rank in order who you would take as your first pick in PPR . These 6 will be available and I’ll be picking in 1 of 4 spots. 

Hill, Kupp, Diggs, Barkley, Bijan, Kelce 

18 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

I’ve done countless mocks and have many different strategies to go off but they all differ depending on my first pick. I’d like some thoughts on that pick based on availability.  

Rank in order who you would take as your first pick in PPR . These 6 will be available and I’ll be picking in 1 of 4 spots. 

Hill, Kupp, Diggs, Barkley, Bijan, Kelce 

How many starters at RB, WR. TE, Flex?

TE premium or 1.0 ppr across the board?

Order might change based on above andwers.

Kelce/ Hill, Diggs, Barkley, Bijan, Kupp

Help my friends!

10 team Keeper PPR league keep one from top 8 one from bottom 8. Surrender that round pick. I pick 8th. 

Options for top half between:

Breece Hall round 4

Dameon Pierce round 5

Options for bottom half between:

Miles Sanders round 9

DeAndre Hopkins round 10

Treylon Burks round 11

Isiah Pacheco round 13