ProFootballFocus Top 5/Bottom 5 at every position, as of Week 12

TheKillerNacho

43 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

There are 10 fullbacks in the NFL?

No Bengals in the bottom 5 of any of the 3 oline categories kind of invalidates this entire list for me.  Maybe we just have the lowest composite score amongst all our linemen or something, because the oline is still terribad.

37 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

All the Bengals OL are ranked in the bottom half from what I saw; just none of them fell into the Bottom 5 individually. I think the highest was Boling who was in the 70s, the rest I think were in the 40s and 50s. Ogbuehi just barely missed the list as 6th worst, grade of 37.7.

Pre-Browns game I'm sure we had some bottom 5 guys.  Browns DL minus Ogbah got pushed around.  Except for Myles Garrett who owned Ogbuehi, whose 6th worse rated OT...

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Bottom 5:
1. Jeremy Vujnovich 32.0
2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 34.0

Geez. Jermey Vujnovich must be terrible if Susan Sua-Filo is considered a better player. 

Like seriously, he must be clinically brain dead, or suffered a childhood accident that robbed him of his arms and legs. That's the only feasible way he could be worse.

Susan sucks.

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Texans have significant issues at OL and DB, but...what do I see?

Yup. Three former Texans all performing at an incredible level at those positions of need.

Great job, Rick Smith. Just great.

Yes. Brandon Brooks has been very good. Thank you. B|

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

There are 10 fullbacks in the NFL?

No Bengals in the bottom 5 of any of the 3 oline categories kind of invalidates this entire list for me.  Maybe we just have the lowest composite score amongst all our linemen or something, because the oline is still terribad.

Perhaps there is heavy competition for the bottom spots.  Indy and Washington have some very bad lines.

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Friend with the subscription sent me the updated numbers so I'm sending them to you. A disclaimer: I do not own a PFF subscription but my friend does and sent me this list to post it. PFF is obviously flawed, and in some cases downright laughable, I do not necessarily share their opinions on the top/worst players. Still, this should be interesting. Keep in mind their new player grade scale lists players via a 1-100 format. Also keep in mind that players who do not have a certain Snap % are not included (not sure what exactly the minimum snap count is... I think its like 25%).

Quarterback

Top 5:
1. Tom Brady 94.6

2. Matt Ryan 89.8
3. Ben Roethlisberger 86.6
4. Drew Brees 86.1
5. Carson Wentz 85.7

Legitimately stopped reading at the bolded.... There is no effing way in hell Ben Roethlisberger has been a Top 3 Quarterback this season.

4 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Legitimately stopped reading at the bolded.... There is no effing way in hell Ben Roethlisberger has been a Top 3 Quarterback this season.

Aside from his one 5 interception game his passer rating has been 98.3, Top 3? No, but certainly pretty darn good.

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

Aside from his one 5 interception game his passer rating has been 98.3, Top 3? No, but certainly pretty darn good.

Playing with the best WR in the league will do that for you... However anyone who has watched Ben this year would also know that his rating is aided by two games against the Titans and Packers. He’s been a major reason for the Steeers close games other than the Packers game.

2 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

It's interesting the the #1 defense in DVOA doesn't have a single player that's top 5 in anything. Not Brandon Williams, not Terrell Suggs, not Matthew Judon, not CJ Mosley, not Jimmy Smith, not Eric Weddle...

I'm not sure what to draw from that.

That it's PFF. 

4 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

It's interesting the the #1 defense in DVOA doesn't have a single player that's top 5 in anything. Not Brandon Williams, not Terrell Suggs, not Matthew Judon, not CJ Mosley, not Jimmy Smith, not Eric Weddle...

I'm not sure what to draw from that.

The defense is playing well collectively. There isn't one player that is doing so well they stand out significantly other than Jimmy Smith from the games I've watched. Against the packers Judon did well, but Hundley is so bad against pressure and blitzes who hasn't looked good

2 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

The defense is playing well collectively. There isn't one player that is doing so well they stand out significantly other than Jimmy Smith from the games I've watched. Against the packers Judon did well, but Hundley is so bad against pressure and blitzes who hasn't looked good

Jimmy Smith has had the lowest passer rating against him all year and just recently I thought he was the #1 rated corner by PFF. His game against the Texans where Nuk just absolutely demolished him all night must've dropped him significantly out of the top 5 or something. 

But aside from that, I would think Suggs would be a top 5/10 edge defender, and Eric Weddle would be a top 5 safety, and Brandon Williams would be a top 5 interior defender. Maybe they're just outside the range.

Archived