Love is in the air! Poll!!

brownie man

What type of career will Jordan Love Have?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Pick his career outcome

• Hall of Fame Player
    • All Pro/ Consistent Pro Bowler
    • Competitive Starter
    • Journeyman Starter
    • Backup
    • Bust

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

I voted bust. Hated him as a prospect and nothing has happened other than him riding the pine since then.

Yea, nothing at all except 3 years in an NFL program, being couched by NFL coaches and learning behind one of the GOAT’s at the position. Yea, nothing at all other than that. 

6 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Yea, nothing at all except 3 years in an NFL program, being couched by NFL coaches and learning behind one of the GOAT’s at the position. Yea, nothing at all other than that. 

Why are we still pretending that this is a thing?

QBs don’t coach other QBs.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Daniel said:

Why are we still pretending that this is a thing?

QBs don’t coach other QBs.

If you want to pretend that watching an all time great like Rodgers prepare week in and week out, be able to pick his brain week in and week out and watch him play for 3 seasons isn’t going to help a young player, then be my quest. You won’t convince me that having the ability to do that isn’t going to do anything but benefit a young player. 

No, Rodgers was not coaching Love. That doesn’t mean Love wasn’t able to learn from him. 

Edited by Ketchup
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This is an important fallacy in all of this. Jordan Love is legit underrated exactly because fans think it's MORE unlikely he'll succeed because of two guys who played before him. We truly are seeing the gamblers fallacy here. GB rolled snake eyes twice in a row, observers think it's even more unlikely than true odds they'll do it again. 

Cleveland fan here. I understand. They’d have been unequivocally better off drawing quarterback names out of a hat for 25 years somehow. Sometimes these things defy the odds.

5 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Plus he's not stepping into any offense, it's an offense where for the past 10 years the QB has not only handled all the pre-snap reads, audibles, etc.,, but has been responsible for making plays during busted plays and has even influenced the personnel. The Packers have OL who are excellent at pass blocking on extended plays, and WRs who's best skill set is the mental side.

Great weapons for a really good QB, but not a QB-friendly supporting cast at all. There's a running game and some talent is better than no talent, but I think people will assume a QB friendly system because he sat and I don't see that.

The Rodgers offense is probably somewhere in the paper shredder bin at 125 Lombardi right now. Matt LaFleur's offense is being installed to its fullest. Rodgers certainly added McCarthy plays to the playbook and canned a lot of the pre-snap motions and boot action plays out of our playbook to fit what he likes to do. That will all revert back to the true offense now.

How many WR's on the Packers roster were on the roster on April 25 2022? Zero. How many TE's ? One. This offense was already starting to be rebuilt last year, it will continue to be rebuilt through this draft and next years.

This system brought Jared Goff to a SB. It's brought Jimmy G to a SB. Love is a far greater talent than either of those two. Ball placement is a huge part of QB play and that's going to be the main thing we look at when revisiting Love's career. If he busts it solely because of that coming back to bite him. He looked much different in that regard in the 2022 preseason and Eagles game. 

• Like 3

Hopefully good enough to be worth closing a title window for. 

james franco please GIF

Packer fans forget how great the offense was the two previous years. Adams leaves and unfortunately Gute failed to draft any passcatcher he even tried to bring back for a second contract. Bottom 5 in the league of pass catchers with most drops... That all Rodgers? Wasn't on MLF at all? Gtfo 

The system brought goff and Jimmy to the Superbowl? No, it was their unreal defenses that brought them to the Superbowl. I want Love to be good but the absurdity of some of these takes..

Edited by PackFan13

1 hour ago, Ketchup said:

If you want to pretend that watching an all time great like Rodgers prepare week in and week out, be able to pick his brain week in and week out and watch him play for 3 seasons isn’t going to help a young player, then be my quest. You won’t convince me that having the ability to do that isn’t going to do anything but benefit a young player. 

No, Rodgers was not coaching Love. That doesn’t mean Love was able to learn from him. 

It's why so many of Peyton Manning's backups took the league by storm.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

It's why so many of Peyton Manning's backups took the league by storm.

Or Tom Brady’s. We all remember the Ryan Mallet and Brian Hoyer eras…

• Like 2