Day 1 Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

Ragnarok

1 minute ago, rob_shadows said:

Rumors started a few days ago that the Lions were targeting Gibbs at 18....my guess is they were hearing whispers someone else was going to take him sooner and they made the decision to pull the trigger. 

I disagree with the value but Gibbs/Montgomery is a pretty good backfield...especially behind our offensive line (which may be getting better before this draft is over). 

what they do at 18 will have a lot to do with how I ultimately feel about this.

I read a mock with Gibbs at 18 this morning. Said "I really don't think Brad is about that."

Turns out he was about that..

• Like 1

Just now, ukjets21 said:

I get not liking Levis but who are you kidding with Ridder as a top 5 QB.

Actually i forgot hooker in there i gotta put him in the top 10 and drop Richardson out lol.  I probably put Hooker around 6 as i see him and Ridder similar talent. 

I don't get whats not to like about Ridder.  He has an above avg arm, he is a good runner and pretty athletic, He improved every year, he has good size for a QB, He is a top notch leader that improved his team to play with the top 4 or 5 in the country in the playoffs.    I mean he does have some minor accuracy issues at times but he is very smart and knows how to do pre snap reads and get through his progressions pretty fast.  he has been a winner every year he played.

Whats exactly not to like about the kid based on what he has shown already so far not to put him that high?

1 minute ago, RTTRUTH said:

I was just complaining about this elsewhere. It's one thing to ignore your offense. But they don't even take the best defenders. 

Hated Rashan Gary. Hate this one almost as much. Quay Walker not exactly a superstar, yet, in fairness. Devonte Wyatt barely existed year one. 

Their last great pick was Jaire. And I at least understood Darnell Savage. Horrible drafting honestly. My opinion, but the recent results support me

You might have hated Rashan Gary, but he has proven to be a great pick. Generally though, yeah a bit better of a hit rate is needed (unless it's a repeat of Capers making all pros look like backup journeymen, though I'm not sure that's the case).