1.13 - Lukas Van Ness [EDGE; Iowa]

CWood21

5 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, the Edge board right now is in shambles.  There's basically nobody left unless Keion White or the NW kid are your type.

A good reason you have to take this kind of guy high is that you don't otherwise have a chance.

Yep, still very good OL, top TE and tier 2 WR, DB available. Lot of edge talent taken in the 1st. Hope we have a great day 2 and break this 3rd rd curse to ice the cake. 

2 hours ago, MacReady said:

It ain't normal for a dude that big to move that quickly. Not saying he's fast, but watching now and holy **** that dude is quick.

We gotta get his teammate Cooper next year.

He ran as fast as Gary at a similar size. He’s very fast for his size with a better 3 cone than Gary too. Vert/bench wasn’t as good.

45 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I love this pick. Same RAS as JJ Watt. He won’t be Watt, but you can play him the same way. JJ Lite 

I like the pick a great deal and he was my favorite to GB all along but him and JJ scored well at different things in the RAS. LVN was much faster but much less explosive on the vert and JJ did better on the 3 cone. LVN also got smoked by JJ on bench. JJ was like 10 lbs heavier too.

About as good as you can do for an eventual replacement for Preston in a year or two who will automatically bolster the Edge Corps(the most important part of making the Goatse defense semi-defensible). Not terribly bothered by the lack of an offensive weapon at this spot, but that's probably because nearly anybody pickable at #13 would be a penciled-in upgrade, so I never developed strong opinions one way or the other.

Dude probably would've gotten an actual Starter Role had he stayed in Iowa instead of declaring early, so the lack of such doesn't overly worry me.

I love the player ... Just hoping the Packers don't fail in loading up on offensive talent.  Our TE room is embarrassing as it currently stands and the WR room needs another top talent as well. Hopefully that can get addressed on Friday night.  As for Van Ness, I bet he quickly becomes a fan favorite in GB.