1.13 - Lukas Van Ness [EDGE; Iowa]

CWood21

19 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

LVN has way more upside than Murphy. I thought Murphy was way overrated tbh. He went about where I expected him to go. 

Also, I love that LVN can slide inside on passing downs and get pressure. 

From what I'm hearing Van Ness struggles playing inside (but he is young and somewhat raw, so he can learn.

Murphy has a higher RAS than LVN (9.71 to 9.39), he is also young (21). Both are power rushers. I don't see why you rate one guy so far above the other (personally I like them both).

47 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

From what I'm hearing Van Ness struggles playing inside (but he is young and somewhat raw, so he can learn.

Murphy has a higher RAS than LVN (9.71 to 9.39), he is also young (21). Both are power rushers. I don't see why you rate one guy so far above the other (personally I like them both).

Attitude.  Murphy doesn't always play up to his potential. Van Ness appears to give it his all on every play.

Also, for me, Van Ness has less experience playing. He is a red shirt sophomore. He will improve more with experience.

• Like 1

I know I gave @Packerraymond crap about him at first before coming around on him ;)

I still don't LOVE his explosion numbers in the gym, but his cutup against Paris Johnson Jr is really good stuff. Was one of the best prospect matchups I saw this year. Wright dominating Will Anderson Jr was another.

lVN has heavy heavy hands and is an incredible mover at his size. He's also super young and clean. Super obvious pick both in foresight and in hindsight. Looking forward to seeing him grow up (quickly) on this defense. 

THere haven't been excuses on that side of the ball for Barry, but c'mon now. That talent is...ripe. and just got riper. MLF and Barry need to get this right going forward 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

My post draft is always the same regardless of the player.   Don't tell me in April, Show me in the Fall.

I do like his nickname though:

The Luke Ness Monster

Okay I'm sold.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I'm finding the tears about not drafting "weaponz and playmakerz" hilarious. 

Look at the great offenses the Packers have had. Load up on wr 2-3-4-5 ect. This hand wringing because of the first round is beyond ridiculous. 

I would actually get it if this class was like some of the other recent WR classes, but those players didn't exist in this draft.  I wouldn't have hated JSN, but I would take LVN 10 times out of 10 given what was available when GB was on the clock.

We’ll see but the North just became a whole lot more competitive. Us winning a few drafts, especially while we have low picks, and our competition squandering their lottery tickets will go a long way to keeping us in contention. The division could get tough real quick if the young talent everyone has brought in starts to pan out. Obviously there is one young guy in GB that will let us know what kind of team we’ve got the next few seasons. 

*sorry, quote fail

Edited by Refugee