Rookie Numbers 2023

Trentwannabe

On 4/28/2023 at 6:22 PM, scar988 said:

No idea what the Falcons' Bijan Robinson is going to do. Best numbers available for him right now are 34 and 29. 

Do you think they’ll hold off issuing 2 & 11? 

It’s interesting that you guys have no retired numbers (which league wide has been done a bit too much imo)

Could see him doing a deal with Younghoe or Heinicke for 7 or 4. And they drop back to 14, 17 or 19. Also some guys in the teens that it wouldn’t be an issue to swap with, for him or someone in the single digits switching.

JMS is 61 for the Giants. Hyatt is 84 (most seem to expect that will change).

Banks was 3 and 33 in college. Shep currently has 3 and I seriously doubt he will be giving that up. Aaron Robinson, former 3rd round pick who has barely played, has 33.

On 4/29/2023 at 11:56 PM, JohnChimpo said:

34 would be cool if he wanted to follow in Earl Campbell and Ricky Williams’s footsteps.

Agreed.

On 4/30/2023 at 8:05 AM, Kiltman said:

Do you think they’ll hold off issuing 2 & 11? 

It’s interesting that you guys have no retired numbers (which league wide has been done a bit too much imo)

Could see him doing a deal with Younghoe or Heinicke for 7 or 4. And they drop back to 14, 17 or 19. Also some guys in the teens that it wouldn’t be an issue to swap with, for him or someone in the single digits switching.

They have quite a few #s that are out of circulation. They don't retire #s per se, but they don't let others wear certain numbers either. The out of circulation #s right now:

2 - Matt Ryan

10 - Steve Bartkowski

11 - Julio Jones

31 - William Andrews

57 - Jeff Van Note

58 - Jessie Tuggle

60 - Tommy Nobis

78 - Mike Kenn

And for the most part 79 - Bill Fralic (normally, it's a camp number and guys are forced to not wear it after camp)

Also, I don't see him ending up with 4 or 7. 6 would be the number I could see him getting though. Logan Woodside isn't long for this roster and I could see them forcing him to like 19 and then giving Bijan 6.

Edited by scar988
  • Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 1:31 PM, CWood21 said:

LVN - #90
Luke Musgrave - #88
Jayden Reed - #1
Tucker Kraft - #85

They are giving Reed - #11.  I can't see GB giving Curly's number to anyone else even though that number has never been officially retired.