2023 Draft Early Winners & Losers

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

The Packers hit on almost every pick they made overall.  Later on Wooden, Wicks, Brooks, Valentine and Nichols were all very solid pickups and the two TEs could both be star TEs.  Kraft is easily probably the 2nd most all around TE in the draft, great blocker and pass catcher, only Washington I had as a better blocker than Kraft.  Dude could be a monster in the NFL and has a top of the line work ethic.  

They improved their DL, WR, TE and DB cores.  And Van Ness on the edge could be amazing, just look at what they got out of Gary, could do the exact same with Van Ness and if that does not work put him as a DE in the 3/4 and he will beat guys up there with his great bull rush.  And if Van Ness is not the 3/4 DE it could be Brooks who could be awesome in pass rush situations and if not him Wooden could as well.  Clearly they want to be a tough physical football team and this draft helped with that getting a lot of physical football players.  

It's crazy how we totally built a WR room and TE room in two drafts. We've taken SIX receivers in the last two drafts: Watson, Doubs, Toure, Reed, Wicks DuBose. Of those, I like Watson, Doubs, Reed and DuBose to be NFL talent. 

Have also added Wyatt, Walker, Enagbare, Van Ness, Wooden, Brooks to the front 7. All of which look like NFL talent. And we'll have another 3 picks in the first 2 rounds next year. If the OL youngsters have a player or two that haven't broken out yet and Love plays as expected, this is a dangerous looking team in 2024.

20 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

The bold is a lie. 

Hes not a good route runner, he's not good getting YAC, and he's not a good blocker.

Hes a great athlete and has a ton of potential, but he's not a very good tight end yet.

Since you won't take my review let's take a look at all the top draft websites. I did not leave any off for having poor reviews. These are all of the ones that I opened. I just feel like your reviewing a completely different player outside of his blocking currently being mediocre your just wrong. I could do the same with his YAC potential as well:

Bleacher report - Good route-runner, even from wide receiver alignments. Smooth mover with quick, light feet.

NFL - Routes gain momentum with burst through turns to mismatch linebackers. His route running harkens back to his slalom days with nimble feet and smooth hips helping to generate rhythm and separation in and out of breaks.

Draft Network - He is an adequate route-runner.

PFN - While he flashes vital route-running building blocks, he can still expand his route tree.

NFL Draft Buzz - 

• Runs precise routes with mostly crisp cuts. Very difficult to cover gets separation consistently.
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Since you won't take my review let's take a look at all the top draft websites. I did not leave any off for having poor reviews. These are all of the ones that I opened. I just feel like your reviewing a completely different player outside of his blocking currently being mediocre your just wrong. I could do the same with his YAC potential as well:

PFN - While he flashes vital route-running building blocks, he can still expand his route tree.

This is what I see.  A great athlete who has route running building blocks, but isn't good at it yet.  And him being such a good athlete, he didn't have to develop a lot of nuance to his routes.

He has YAC potential, but right now, he goes down when touched.  He is the opposite of the Kittle mentality of 'one person can't take me down'.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, incognito_man said:

You got a 2nd round talent as a UDFA though. Hunter Luepke is the truth.

This may be true just the overall value per round I just didn’t get it. There were clear higher rated players on the board arguably but one that sticks out is for sure Sanders and Torrence there when we went a different direction. Luke warm feeling here but I felt that way about Tyler Smith too 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

@goldfishwars we anxiously await your draft rankings.

...because until then, what were are all left with are Grades like those handed out from Prisco...in Bizarro world, Where Mazi Smith is Given an A, and Jack Campbell gets an A+, yet the top 2 QBs get a B- and B, respectively, and while biggest steal of the 1st Rd, Nolan Smith, also gets just a B...

We'd really like to see grades that, well, I don't know, take into account Value, and Team Fit, as opposed to just grading Bryce Young a B-, because he's a little small for Prisco's liking.  How does this man retain his job, year after year...I'll never know...

...it's one thing to generate some Click-bait, and wows, and the like...it's a another spew stuff that just simply does not make any sense...like...at all...

I personally, non-homer choice, loved ghr Lions draft class. I am a huge fan of Campbell, Hooker imo could be the 2nd best QB in this draft (maybe the best?) If not for the injury he may have been talked about as such. 

Gibbs is a legit RB, Branch i thought was a steal in the 2nd round, and I personally really like Martin and LaPorta.

Overall I see this as a very productive draft for them moving forward.

1 hour ago, VigilantZombie said:

I personally, non-homer choice, loved ghr Lions draft class. I am a huge fan of Campbell, Hooker imo could be the 2nd best QB in this draft (maybe the best?) If not for the injury he may have been talked about as such. 

Gibbs is a legit RB, Branch i thought was a steal in the 2nd round, and I personally really like Martin and LaPorta.

Overall I see this as a very productive draft for them moving forward.

Ben solak put it best

• Like 2