2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

5 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Smoke?

We’re in quite a unique position really, if teams do trade up for OTs then one of the QBs may fall into our reach. If everyone snags the QBs then there should be a top OT or CB for us. We might not come out of this draft with our franchise QB, but we should be able to grab a top player at a position of need.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Again.... keep sleeping on Nix. I think he's Telesco's guy.

Man, I think he’s jumped over Penix now for me, he’s growing on me!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Daniels was going 2 the day they signed Mariota. Similar play style for Kingsbury's offense. It's been obvious to me since then. 

Good point. Daniels has been the unanimous #2 player for months now

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

We’re in quite a unique position really, if teams do trade up for OTs then one of the QBs may fall into our reach. If everyone snags the QBs then there should be a top OT or CB for us. We might not come out of this draft with our franchise QB, but we should be able to grab a top player at a position of need.

I’ll take a top OT/CB, just hoping we don’t try and get too cute and end up missing out on top talent in the positions of need. 

I keep flip flopping whether to go OT or CB but think there is better talent at CB in FA than there is at OT currently so would go OT. Will change no doubt as we get closer. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I feel like there hasn't been as many rumors this year tbh. Can't believe it's already this weekend.

I’ve noticed that too. Only rumors are coming from the Billy Spikes accounts on X/Twitter who want clicks

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Daniels was going 2 the day they signed Mariota. Similar play style for Kingsbury's offense. It's been obvious to me since then. 

I could see that but Daniels camp has let it be known he's not that enamoured with the WAS organization. Maybe he pulls an Eli Manning

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

Well, who better than to try and identify a disguised troll attempt than you. However, mine was a legit, simple question : what was the offer to WAS, do you know ?

Here’s a question back to you: does the Wilson addition effect the draft and what the broncos are going to do at QB?

2 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Here’s a question back to you: does the Wilson addition effect the draft and what the broncos are going to do at QB?

My thought is they'll still take a QB, I'm hope they trade back and try to pick up Nix in the 20's and pick up a 2nd. If we don't get Nix in the 2nd, then Rattler looks like a solid 3rd rd option. The Wilson acquisition just doesn't make us force a QB pick at 12 or higher

Edited by Cutler06

10 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Probably nothing, they didn’t pay anything for him. I think they like Jared Stidham and Wilson is just a low level gamble. They’ll still draft a QB

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I have a feeling we are gonna take OT/CB at 13 and then move up for Penix/Nix. That is my feeling personally. Could be way off. 

You misspelled "trading up for Jayden". 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Totty said:

You misspelled "trading up for Jayden". 

I truly just don't see it. It's not the style of Telesco and I don't think AP will overrule him. I think AP is more reasonable than people think and wants to build a top roster IMHO to build around Minshew/AOC for now.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Did anyone catch Hondo's interview with former NFL QB Drew Stanton? Apparently Drew has a scouting agency who has been hired by NFL teams, and he noted he thinks Nix is borderline un-draftable. 

I honestly dont think he is going be a starting QB. I'll be pissed if he was the pick at 13. I wouldn't even be excited if he was the 2nd round pick. I'll be meh if he was drafted 3rd round and on. 

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I truly just don't see it. It's not the style of Telesco and I don't think AP will overrule him. I think AP is more reasonable than people think and wants to build a top roster IMHO to build around Minshew/AOC for now.

Honestly you're probably right.  I just am not ready to admit it yet.  I'm holding out hope, the Commanders take him... We trade to 3 and take Maye, and then do some type of swap.  Though, I would also be happy with Maye.... Which is why I've wanted to trade to 3 the whole time because you're guaranteed to land either of them.  And I believe they're both franchise altering.  

• Like 1

• NickButera locked and unpinned this topic