2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This class is loaded at QB, WR and OL. Solid and strong depth at CB, EDGE and S. Top heavy at  DL & TE. Very weak at RB and ILB.

WR? Did you say WR? :)

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This class is loaded at QB, WR and OL. Solid and strong depth at CB, EDGE and S. Top heavy at  DL & TE. Very weak at RB and ILB.

Give me the lowdown on Edgerrin Cooper.  To me he seems like a guy that plays with his hair on fire, and is always playing downhill when required.  I don't know a ton about him outside if seeing him a few game and highlight packages.  Seems like instincts are his bag.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Short of some ridiculous value being available, I think WR isn't going to be taken in the first 5 rounds.

Christian Watson
Romeo Doubs
Jayden Reed
Dontayvion Wicks
Bo Melton
Malik Heath

Probably some mid-to-late Day 3 guys in for competition with the bottom of the roster, but I think there's a decent chance that the WR corps is the same going into next year.

Yeah read they love Dubose still too…

2 hours ago, MacReady said:

Yeah, mhmm. Wow, does it hurt being such an insufferable company man?

I want to know how your brain does the gymnastics necessary in order to come to these conclusions.

The Packers were 19th in offensive points scored per game.
The Ravens were 1st.

The Ravens were 16th in defensive spending.
The Packers were third.

The entire DL of the Packers was a first round pick. They're all talented. An idiot can see that. What's your excuse?

The Packers have spent more money and draft capital. To suggest they're not talented is to condemn the coaching. You're either a lot dumber than you think you are or you're being purposefully obtuse.

If someone is saying they're not talented, wouldn't that be more of a condemnation of the GM?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Give me the lowdown on Edgerrin Cooper.  To me he seems like a guy that plays with his hair on fire, and is always playing downhill when required.  I don't know a ton about him outside if seeing him a few game and highlight packages.  Seems like instincts are his bag.

My new draft crush….   Between Parsons and Quay…. Probably won’t be there at 25 once combine is done…

Let’s say we swap to a 4-3, bring in some Quinn tree coach. I wouldn’t be opposed to Cooper with 1st and Trotter with 2nd……    Our 3 would rival SF,  Baltimore and Tampa. 
1 SLB Cooper, 2 WLB Trotter, 2 S Nubin, 2 Trade up for G Beebe , 3 RB Allen or Brooks.

we need to upgrade Dillon, our O iis night and day without Jones…

Edited by fattlipp

8 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

If someone is saying they're not talented, wouldn't that be more of a condemnation of the GM?

Yes, but that person is the same type of person who cannot do that, so instead they say the GM is great, players suck, defensive coordinator is good. Don’t try to make sense of it because the person in question would have to do too much mental gymnastics to come to the conclusion that the GM failed on 8 first round picks and failed at paying the third most to the defense in the NFL rather than just admitting that the coordinator actually sucks.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

QB - Absolutely not.
RB - Absolutely not.
WR - It'd need to be outstanding value to consider.
TE - See WR.
OT - If the value is there, I wouldn't mind another OT to add to the mix.
IOL - I don't have any IOL graded with first round value.

DL - Pretty bad DL class, but there is a couple of solid ones at the top of the class.
EDGE - Not a big fan of this EDGE class, I think I'd rather gamble on one of the guys on Day 2.
ILB - Bad ILB class to begin with.  Maybe a Day 2 guy, but I think I'm content rolling with Quay and McDuffie.
CB - This room needs at least 2 more bodies added.  Minimum.  I like Ja and Valentine moving forward, but competition is key.
S - This whole room needs reworked.  Feels like either Savage or Ford is back for another year.

Do not think we need to upgrade Dillon and Wilson,  you don’t think there is a huge drop off when jones is out?

I would like 2,  Allen or Benson in the 3rd and a speed back late like Irvin or Lloyd.

We don’t really have roster spots for WR , TE or DL

Edited by fattlipp

3 hours ago, Tperk said:

I'd be very much onboard with this. 

Although I think I would rather grab Jonathon Brooks instead of Robert Brooks at RB.

Yeah, I meant RB Jonathon Brooks. I've altered my post accordingly. Robert Brooks was a Packer (WR) between 1992 and 1998.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

31 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

Do not think we need to upgrade Dillon and Wilson,  you don’t think there is a huge drop off when jones is out?

I would like 2,  Allen or Benson in the 3rd and a speed back late like Irvin or Lloyd.

We don’t really have roster spots for WR , TE or DL

I was speaking about RBs in the first round.  RB1 is coming off a torn ACL.  If he's there in the 3rd round, I'd consider taking Brooks.  But there isn't a RB I'd take in the top 64 picks.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Haven't watched him, not going to put a lot of time into the high ranked ILBs, we're fine there.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I was speaking about RBs in the first round.  RB1 is coming off a torn ACL.  If he's there in the 3rd round, I'd consider taking Brooks.  But there isn't a RB I'd take in the top 64 picks.

Yeah, I'm not looking at RB's until RD3.  At that point, there are several I'd be fine with.  Outside the draft, I imagine Gute could be exploring the RB FA market.