2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

19 hours ago, R T said:

Bortolini got embarrassed a few times. 

He did a little better yesterday, but yeah, he's having a tough time.

And Jackson Powers-Johnson looks lost and out of place when taking reps at guard.  He looks much more comfortable at center, but even then I wouldn't say he's been impressive.  His film isn't bad at all though so I'm assuming once he's in game he'll be fine.

The guys who have looked really solid that I need to watch more film on are:
OT Christopher Jones - Texas
IOL Charles Turner III - LSU film is decent, but he had a rough day 2 in 1-on-1s
IOL Trevor Keegan - Michigan  initial film impression: good in a phone booth but bad in space

Taliese Fuaga has been toying with everyone, including Latu.

Tyler Guyton struggled the first day, but you can see how well he takes to coaching because the second day his technique was vastly improved and he was much better.

As for the defensive guys:

Gabe Hall (IDL) from Baylor has been giving everyone he faces an absolute ***-whooping.

T'Vondre Sweat is a freaking load, and he's even shown some pass rush moves and beating guys a few times that way, otherwise he just walks dudes back and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Darius Robinson (IDL) looks good as well.

Braden Fiske (IDL) is a freaking maniac coming off the ball.

Edited by MaximusGluteus
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

T'Vondre Sweat is a freaking load, and he's even shown some pass rush moves and beating guys a few times that way, otherwise he just walks dudes back and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Want

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Sweat is one of my wants to. 

Chop Robinson is my number 1 now. Explosive AF. A different type of pass rusher that we don’t have . Can never have enough pass rushers .

Take the rare breed IDL tbh. Not many men are 6'4 360 and can move like Sweat. Hell, by the draft, he probably ain't getting to 25 anyways. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Take the rare breed IDL tbh. Not many men are 6'4 360 and can move like Sweat. Hell, by the draft, he probably ain't getting to 25 anyways. 

Would not complain one bit. Draft big. Get secondary later 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Want

Regarding D. Sweat....I was listening to Kirwan on Sirius XM.  He's at the senior bowl.  Swift declined to get on the scale.

Kirwan says he's now got two strikes against him already.  He was listed at 360, now he doesn't weigh in.  He said that NFL guys are really leery about taking these gigantic guys high.  Cited Becton as another one of them.  They just don't move on an NFL athletic level due to their size.

I don't know, just thought I'd pass on what Kirwan was saying.

Just now, vegas492 said:

Regarding D. Sweat....I was listening to Kirwan on Sirius XM.  He's at the senior bowl.  Swift declined to get on the scale.

Kirwan says he's now got two strikes against him already.  He was listed at 360, now he doesn't weigh in.  He said that NFL guys are really leery about taking these gigantic guys high.  Cited Becton as another one of them.  They just don't move on an NFL athletic level due to their size.

I don't know, just thought I'd pass on what Kirwan was saying.

I heard a 'guess' that he is playing heavier intentionally now for the Senior Bowl, and then intends to shed weight afterwards in prep for the Combine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Has Jordan Davis panned out? Not rhetorical, just legit haven’t heard his name since the draft (but I only watch packer games) 

7 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

Has Jordan Davis panned out? Not rhetorical, just legit haven’t heard his name since the draft (but I only watch packer games) 

I saw a couple of Eagle games, he was just about as good as anyone else on that defense.

Meaning, I don't feel like he stood out consistently.  He had a few splash plays, though.  I saw that dude run a RB down from behind on a screen pass.  It was an Oh My God moment to see him running that fast.

Overall, I feel like that entire defense underwhelmed.  He was part of it, but I wouldn't totally hold last year against him though.

Just my $.02.

12 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

Didn't do much his 1st year but was in a heavy rotation on a deep Philly DLine.   Much better 2nd season.    Had a 70.5 PFF grade in 2023.   Excellent first part of year and drop-off mid-season.    I like that he's taking responsibility for his dropoff but still has a lot to live up to as a #13 overall pick.

Jordan Davis’ eye-opening admission after Eagles late-season collapse (msn.com)

If you peak at Davis’ numbers, you can see a pretty stark drop-off in play that nearly coincides perfectly with the Eagles’ collapse. In the first seven games of the season, Davis averaged 2.7 tackles per game and had 2.5 sacks and five QB hits.

From that point on, Davis averaged 2.5 tackles per game and didn’t register a single sack or QB hit. For the season, Davis finished with a lower PFF Grade than Eagles rookie defensive tackle Jalen Carter, and 33-year-old Fletcher Cox, who just completed his 12th season in the league. That’s unacceptable for a guy who was the 13th pick in the draft just two years ago.

Davis conceded that while he didn’t have an injury throughout the season that required him to miss any games, the physical toll of the long season played a role in his diminished productivity in the back half of the season.

12 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

At this point if we dont get Guyton with our first round pick I will be sad.

It'd be worth it just for a few old Gregg posts.

GONNA NEED ANOTHER PLUG. with Jaire I dont think we need a superstar FS year 1. Tashaun Gipson level dude is fine up there. Savage is fiiiiine. Big *** Sweat, Jordan Jefferson Maason Smith. get somebody. Got 2 real capable plugs. give me another. Love Wyatt going forward but not at the 1. 

if you want to see what this D looks like without capable plugs watch BC vs Miami.

My round 2 O line pick for the Packers is C/G Powers Johnson. I think I'd take him over T Guyton, T/G Barton, OG Beebe or C Van Pran.

So far, and its early -guys I like:

OL = Fuaga, Cooper Beebe, Barton, Guyton, Fautanu

DL = Sweat, McKinnley Jackson

LB = Edgerrin Cooper, Payton Wilson

DB's = Cooper DeJean, Kool-aid, Terrian Arnold, haven't fallen in love with any of the safeties, but we sure need one.

17 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think the Packers might look to move up for someone they really like.  I don't see them making all five of those picks in the first three rounds.

I don't know that I think it's likely, but it's certainly possible.  Gute wasn't afraid to part with a couple of good picks to go get Watson.

• Like 1