2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

On 11/4/2023 at 8:53 AM, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

But yes, you are right- they did get more money to go elsewhere as well.  Which is kind of the point.    If a collective can throw enough money to a top player it gives them an option and some leverage they previously didn’t have.

I mean, I'm not sure where $2.8M On3's evaluation of Caleb Williams' NIL value is anywhere near the $24.6M signing bonus that Bryce Young just received from Carolina.  It's not even in the same stratosphere.

On 11/4/2023 at 3:49 PM, Mazrimiv said:

The idea that guys like Williams and/or Sanders are going to delay their entry into the NFL because of NIL is nonsense... for now.  I think it could become a real thing down the road.

Papa Sanders has spoken! Apparently, nonsense to you is reality to the Sanders' family. 

On 11/4/2023 at 6:10 PM, CWood21 said:

I mean, it's substantially harder to tell you dad no especially when you're not the presumptive #1 overall pick.

It's a really good minute twenty-seven second listen.

Edited by Old Guy

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

It's a really good minute twenty-seven second listen.

It may not be soon but I feel like Prime is just too damn competitive to not try his hand at being a HC in the NFL eventually.  It would be cool to see him stay in CFB tho.

6 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

It may not be soon but I feel like Prime is just too damn competitive to not try his hand at being a HC in the NFL eventually.  It would be cool to see him stay in CFB tho.

Feels like Sanders and Saban are close and my guess is Saban would advise Sanders to stay at the college level.  

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Feels like Sanders and Saban are close and my guess is Saban would advise Sanders to stay at the college level.  

That's possible.  All that Saban would have to say was that he wanted Drew Brees and Randy Mueller gave him Daunte Culpepper instead lol.  HCs have so much more control in CFB. The NFL is going to come calling tho and will his competitive nature be too strong to say no?

3 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

That's possible.  All that Saban would have to say was that he wanted Drew Brees and Randy Mueller gave him Daunte Culpepper instead lol.  HCs have so much more control in CFB. The NFL is going to come calling tho and will his competitive nature be too strong to say no?

NFL may come calling, but would Sanders want to be HC only vs have control of roster and be HC like he effectively is as a college HC?  

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

NFL may come calling, but would Sanders want to be HC only vs have control of roster and be HC like he effectively is as a college HC?  

Mark Davis might give him everything he wants lol. 

There's no intelligent reason to hire Deion as a HC in the NFL. He's not a coach, he's a brand ambassador. Works wonders in college when you have access to 100% of the talent pool. In the NFL when you only get access to whomever is available when you're OTC and can only pick one at a time? Not so much. 

• Like 5

I say this as someone who considers him one of my all time favorite non Packers players. GTFOH with the Sanders to the NFL talk.

As PR said he's not a good coach. He's a "brand". His whole shtick is I'm rich and cool and famous. That works for recruiting 17 year olds but not for coaching in the NFL.

His team is currently 129th in rushing yards, sacks allowed, penalties, and total defense. There's 130 teams.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I say this as someone who considers him one of my all time favorite non Packers players. GTFOH with the Sanders to the NFL talk.

As PR said he's not a good coach. He's a "brand". His whole shtick is I'm rich and cool and famous. That works for recruiting 17 year olds but not for coaching in the NFL.

His team is currently 129th in rushing yards, sacks allowed, penalties, and total defense. There's 130 teams.

So you're saying he's at least a viable Joe Barry replacement 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

There's no intelligent reason to hire Deion as a HC in the NFL. He's not a coach, he's a brand ambassador. Works wonders in college when you have access to 100% of the talent pool. In the NFL when you only get access to whomever is available when you're OTC and can only pick one at a time? Not so much. 

Correct, yet many that make those hiring decisions keep making that same mistake. From Steve Spurrier to Urban Meyer and all the other snake oil salesman in between that are great recruiters and horrible coaches still seem to sell an NFL owner from time to time that it would be a great idea to hire them. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, R T said:

Correct, yet many that make those hiring decisions keep making that same mistake. From Steve Spurrier to Urban Meyer and all the other snake oil salesman in between that are great recruiters and horrible coaches still seem to sell an NFL owner from time to time that it would be a great idea to hire them. 

a universal human truth for perpetuity

• Like 1