2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

5 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Another thing to remember about Rasheed Walker is that in the "way-too-early mock drafts" he was a guy that had first round buzz from actual NFL scouts based on the notion that he would take a step in his ultimate year of college football.  Turns out, he didn't and his coaches were not that positive about how immature he was (possibly "he didn't take this seriously" is why he did not take that step) but the tools are absolutely there.

Lol. OK you tell me where his anchor is and you show me when he's not the tallest person presnap.. 

(Hint those tools aren't there)

Is OK, tag me next time.

Edited by HighCalebR

4 hours ago, squire12 said:

NYJ 2nd round pick is sitting at 42.  might bump up a spot or 2 based on if the teams with same record rotate draft slots over the different rounds

It will be 41 as  the teams in a four way tie rotate through the rounds. 41 is right in between the Bears at 40 and the Vikings at 42 but the good news is the Bears pick goes to Wash so they can’t scoop us and we could theoretically trade down especially if there is a a team that wants 41 for a QB that Minnesota might like. Long way to go but we will likely have 5 picks in the top 100 which is a solid starting point for Gute and the gang. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

This is where Tankathon has GB's pick set at right now. Of course, their picks are subject to change depending how far they get in the playoffs

Vp6YQ02.jpeg

6 picks in the top 120. That’s great. 

9 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

6 picks in the top 120. That’s great. 

If we do see a first round exit, we will be locked in with the 19th pick by virtue of having the worst record of all the playoff teams, tied with TB who had a tougher SOS. We’ll know by Sunday night. I don’t think we’ll beat Dallas but we should look at it as a house money game. Let these guys play and the chips fall where they may.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Bet Gute nails em all again 

If he does we might win a chip in the near future. This 2023 draft is a grand slam, and the 2022 draft looks stout as well.  You put three in a row and you should be set up for several years.  

• Like 1

We have 1 week until the deadline for underclass declarations.  

As the college football season winds down and the 2024 NFL Draft process lurches into gear, impact players across college football have big decisions to make about their future: Go pro, or return to school for another season? Underclassmen have until Jan. 15, 2024, to file declaration papers with the league seeking “special eligibility,” and the full list of approved early entries is sent to all 32 NFL clubs on Jan. 19.

https://theathletic.com/5081209/2024/01/04/nfl-draft-2024-underclassmen-tracker-early-entrants/

5 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If he does we might win a chip in the near future. This 2023 draft is a grand slam, and the 2022 draft looks stout as well.  You put three in a row and you should be set up for several years.  

Don't forget the 2020 class

18 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Another thing to remember about Rasheed Walker is that in the "way-too-early mock drafts" he was a guy that had first round buzz from actual NFL scouts based on the notion that he would take a step in his ultimate year of college football.  Turns out, he didn't and his coaches were not that positive about how immature he was (possibly "he didn't take this seriously" is why he did not take that step) but the tools are absolutely there.

I looked at some of of his pre-draft scouting reports.  Saw him as a projected third round pick.

Then he did his humping and got injured enough to not work out at the Combine.

He fell, rightfully so.  He became a scratch off lottery ticket that has hit so far.

I saw the feet and movement skills right away.  What I wanted to see from him was some "nasty" and run finish stuff.  

I saw that this past game against the Bears.  

In my mind, he's developing very nicely right now.  He's actually good enough that GB should not have to target a LT in round one.  Rather they can let the draft come to them.

I feel like as fans of GB, we should all just take the little win that Walker can actually play in the league at LT as a seventh round pick and let the future be what it is will be.

18 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Lol. OK you tell me where his anchor is and you show me when he's not the tallest person presnap.. 

(Hint those tools aren't there)

Is OK, tag me next time.

His anchor is not great to elite.  But it is fine.  To me, it is very similar to the anchor that Bakh had in his first and second years playing LT for us.  It can and should improve.  

And Walker is just a tall athlete.  He's gotta have at least 4 inches on Zach Tom.  I saw them interviewed, side by side, Walker is just very tall.  Also?  You can see that Tom is thick in the chest.  Walker looked very slim in the chest.

No doubt in my mind that he can put on some good NFL weight, if he takes to an off-season program.  

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

His anchor is not great to elite.  But it is fine.  To me, it is very similar to the anchor that Bakh had in his first and second years playing LT for us.  It can and should improve.  

And Walker is just a tall athlete.  He's gotta have at least 4 inches on Zach Tom.  I saw them interviewed, side by side, Walker is just very tall.  Also?  You can see that Tom is thick in the chest.  Walker looked very slim in the chest.

No doubt in my mind that he can put on some good NFL weight, if he takes to an off-season program.  

He's routinely pushed in the pocket. If Love's bailing it's 75% of the time because his left is caving in. 1st down to Kraft at the end of the game? Loves bailing right and can't just sit in the pocket because Walker's dying. He dies slow, most of the time. He's a good backup, ive said hes a good backup this whole time.

Tall athletes can bend, Walker cant. Look at Darrisaw pre snap, then look at Walker. He's got 2 inches on Tom. Walker basically stands straight up the whole time. I think we just 100% disagree with what we see. Walker has a strong core/upper body.  His wins always come because he's able to grab the guy before he gets in his cheese. His losses always come when the rusher has momentum coming in and his legs can't keep up because his base is narrow and his pads too high.

It just is NOTHING like young bakhtiari. LIS I went back and watched young bakh, I invite you to refresh that memory as well.

Most teams have a Walker. Braxton Jones last night,  very Walker like. They aren't bad players they're just not good players. I agree you can plan around them and make it work that's fine. But if I can get Talliese Fuaga is sitting there after DeJeans picked, I'm trading up.

Adding weight to Walker's knees isn't going to help them bend.

Edited by HighCalebR