Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

39 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Or you could frame it that they only had a winning record twice and 1 of them was the strike shortened season.

So they were .500 40% of the time, above 500 20% of the time and below .500 40% of the time. 

They were 2 games away from the 30/40/30 split that would be the exact statistically expected outcome if all games were random. 

2 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

We should get rid of one of the best GM+HC combos in the league because our old QB who thought he was bigger than the team didn't like them? That's a bold move

Wow you have a lot of faith in these 2 guys. They have really done nothing so far. I would put them in the middle to bottom of the league. The GM I think is the biggest problem who struggles to get value and players. The problem is when the new GM comes in the HC is gone and usually the QB too. This is why it will be a 1 and done for these guys unless Love comes in and tears it up. From what I have seen I don't see that coming. The best bet is to tank this year and grab Caleb Williams and try to talk to Riley to come coach GB. They could also pair the Jets first round pick and their own to move up too. I don't think the Jets pick will be that high. I'm thinking low 20's best situation for GB. Being a Jet fan the one thing that makes me mad is when you see the team needs a rebuild but they just keep trying the samething over and over again. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I hope you guys do get the first round pick. That means Rodgers played a lot. Rodgers had back to back MVP years and then 1 bad year. He did not want to play for GB. You could see it in his actions and what he said. He is total diffent now with what the Jets have seen since he stepped in. 

GB did what they could to get as much as they could out of the Jets but JD just would not bite. There was never another team that would come in and grab him. 

There have been multiple times he didn't want to play in GB.  It wasn't just last year.  His play against the Cardinals a few years ago got his HC fired.  

You are getting "good" Rodgers now.  We've seen "bad" Rodgers.

You will too.  Give it time.  I'm actually kindda shocked he didn't complain about you taking a defender with your first round pick.  I'd say to do it again next year, but I hope that we have that pick from you....  :)

And we got plenty of comp for an aged QB with mobility issues who was 90% retired and who couldn't beat the Lions, at home, last year with the playoffs on the line.  The big win for us was getting out from under that contract.

You better hope your D steps up big time against those great QB's you are going to face.  Because Rodgers will not.  But, he will play not to lose, and if your D stays strong, that could be enough.  In the end, it was not enough here, as we needed more from him.

Some want to be mad and have a right to. Some want to move on and have a right to. It is what it is to be honest.

I am a big Rodgers fan and even I was ready for the break up. You felt like you were a 16 year old watching your passive aggressive parents finally pull the plug and all you wanted to know is who's house you had to stay at so you could plan your weekend. That said he isn't betraying the fans. Yeah seeing him at the camp and taking the pay cut seems like a shot and is annoying, but he moved money for us before, and he was at A LOT of camps over the years for the Packers.

This is what happens in life when you're rejuvenated. The man once said "How can you not be romantic about football". Well you probably are a lot more when you feel wanted and loved. That is what is going on here. Spoiler alert, In 7 to 8 years from now it will happen again with him and Green Bay. All is good. Let the man have his twilight and we can focus on our future and root for 65%. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Wow you have a lot of faith in these 2 guys. They have really done nothing so far. I would put them in the middle to bottom of the league. The GM I think is the biggest problem who struggles to get value and players. The problem is when the new GM comes in the HC is gone and usually the QB too. This is why it will be a 1 and done for these guys unless Love comes in and tears it up. From what I have seen I don't see that coming. The best bet is to tank this year and grab Caleb Williams and try to talk to Riley to come coach GB. They could also pair the Jets first round pick and their own to move up too. I don't think the Jets pick will be that high. I'm thinking low 20's best situation for GB. Being a Jet fan the one thing that makes me mad is when you see the team needs a rebuild but they just keep trying the samething over and over again. 

I just don't understand how you can cram JD duck into every orifice you have and then rag on Gute. They're like the same ******* guy. Very mid.

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

GB drafted Walker in 2002, Franks in 2000 in round 1 in  the few years prior to selecting Rodgers

NYJ, aside from Wilson in 2022 have drafted in round 1....

QB, G, T, DT, QB, DB, LB, DE, DB, DB, DE, DT, DB, QB

https://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/teams/jets

I think that supports my point.  Last few years a we, OL, OL, qb, qb.  They have invested in offense 

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Preston Smith, Z Smith, R Douglas, D Campbell

Drafting Gary, JA, Watson to name a few.

Yeah, our GM sucks.  

I think he was referring to the Jets GM signing multiple former Packers this offseason.

1 hour ago, hitnhope said:

I think that supports my point.  Last few years a we, OL, OL, qb, qb.  They have invested in offense 

Invested in QB 2x in what 4 years?  I'm not sure that supports getting a QB support.

52 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Invested in QB 2x in what 4 years?  I'm not sure that supports getting a QB support.

The wild thing is that in a 13 year span they invested picks 5, 3, and 2 in QBs and got 122 starts out of all three combined for a 54-68 record, 56 percent completion percentage, 26,211 yards, 128 TDs, and 126 INTs. Also, they twice took USC QBs who busted.

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Speaking of done nothing so far. The Jets are 20-46 since Douglass became GM. Without a single year with a winning record. You seriously want to come in here and talk **** about the Packers organization. 

You're acting like the playoffs are your destiny and you are suddenly in the Super Bowl conversation. Forget winning, how about play a few preseason games before you come here spouting off. 

Rodgers took a pay cut, sounds like desperation to me. His legacy with only one Super Bowl isn't where he thinks he should be. He's desperate to get another one. The problem with that idea is playoff Rodgers. 

So, let's recap shall we! 

You are talking about us doing a rebuild when you haven't had as good a record as we have in, I don't know how long, but certainly all of Douglass' career. You get a 40-year-old quarterback and believe you found the golden ticket. Problem is that ticket is to be first in line at the Golden Corral buffet, and it cost you a 1st and a 2nd round pick to boot. 

Come back when you've done something more than lose the trade with us for Rodgers. 

Here is my prediction, you'll be looking for another 1st round quarterback in two years with ZERO additional Lombardi's. If a winning record appeases you, then you've got a chance to wind up happy. Otherwise, thanks for the 1st and 2nd round picks. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Rodgers deal with that big of a paycut will open the door for the Jets to add even bigger parts. He wants to win period. He has shown this from day 1 when he stepped onto the field with the Jets. I do think he really hates the FO of the Packers. When they drafted Love that really sent him over. He stepped up and won back to back MVP awards and GB never gave him help. They wasted a first round pick on a QB that would never help him out. Love plays poor for the GB during preseasons and was so bad that GB went back to Rodgers and said come back. The reason, the GM and HC would be gone if they started Love. So Rodgers says you want me back your paying big time and that is how he got that big contract. Now that Love is on his last year deal you have no choice but to move Rodgers and see what you got. For GB sake I hope Love does well for you but I think GB best move is to get ride of your GM and HC and move on. Start the rebuild now. The good news for GB you really don't have that stud QB you have to face in the division. Cousins is on the down side, Goff is just above average, Fields can run but this ball placement needs a lot of work and most QB's that struggle with this never get it. GB drafts the right QB and it could be a very fast rebuild if Love fails. 

LOL .. from a Jets fan whose franchise hasn't won squat for over a decade or more telling the Packers who have been a pretty good, competitive division winner for years what to do with their head coach and gm.   Win a division title, go to the playoffs, get to the title game and then you can come back and chirp.  Good grief.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

You are delusional .. figure out what to do with your team .. Rodgers will help but then the walls will fall in.  By the way, most sports media pundits thought the Packers absolutely fleeced the Jets in the Rodgers deal.  Have a good one.