Week 13 Gameday thread

RamRod

2 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Wow refs just gave Pat's 4 free points. That wasn't even close to being a first down. Refs gave them. A free first down

it was a favorable spot but even if it was 4th down.. you saw the next play right? bills were playing it like fourth down so dont pretend like they werent.

4 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

I don't know why they hired Fox. He is pretty bad.

I think that Denver hired him for his demeanor (he was the opposite of McDaniels, who poisoned the locker room). And, he was instrumental in getting Peyton (from what I heard). However, he is a terrible HC. Elway almost fired him after the SB loss.

He was "known" for quick turnarounds. I think they were counting on atleast being competitive at this point. 

1 minute ago, Asciimo said:

it was a favorable spot but even if it was 4th down.. you saw the next play right? bills were playing it like fourth down so dont pretend like they werent.

Pats probably would have just taken the FG and make it a 2 TD 2 2 point conversion game. So it is a free 4 points. Now makes it a 3 possession game.

Just now, GOGRIESE said:

He was "known" for quick turnarounds. I think they were counting on atleast being competitive at this point. 

In his second year in Carolina (2003), he needed a Jake Delhomme comeback in Week 1 (after he started Rodney Peete for some reason) and several OT wins just to even get to the Super Bowl. Take that season away, and I'm not sure he lasts there until 2010.

On a Bronco forum, this one Denver fan (I think he's from NC) said that his dad (who may or may not have been a Panther fan. I don't remember) said this to him after Fox was hired:

Congratulations! You just went from the worst coach in the league (McDaniels) to the second worst coach in the league (Fox).

Archived