ESPN lets go of substantial NFL coverage staff

RaidersAreOne

Considering I literally never watch their network for anything other than a live sporting event, probably a good idea to cut bait on expensive on air talent that covered games.  They are irrelevant really.  I can think of zero instances to where I would tune in/out of a game based on the announcer/color commentator, it's 100% based on who is playing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Forge said:

I think mcshay is better at it right now, but kiper is the personality and that's what they are going for. It's less about the coverage now for them and more about the people

McShay has pretty clearly been going through some personal stuff for the last few years. He's looked better recently but I'd imagine that still plays in. Illness or substance or something.

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think the most hilarious part about these "budget cuts" is how much money they paid Joe Buck and Troy Aikman just for almost everyone to watch the ManningCast instead.

Bring back the Booger-Mobile 

mobile.jpg?quality=75&strip=all

“These diva receivers want to go to the bathroom. As a defensive lineman, we did t go to the bathroom.”

(Actual quote)

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I do. She was a class act reporter that did her job at a high level. I’d much rather keep her than some of these people. 

As an older millennial, couldn't agree more. Suzy was a great reporter and great on-air talent. Would rather have her than almost anyone they kept tbh

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danger said:

.... does anyone really care about Suzy Kolber? Seems just like a nostalgia girl for the Gen X folk.

I have been watching football for 15+ years and I don't even know who she is.

I also don't watch pre or post games, so