DeAndre Hopkins to Tennessee (2 years, $32M)

Ty21

Just happy he didnt go to Cleveland or Baltimore.

Still, seems like an odd choice given the instabilty uncertainty the Titans have at QB.   Maybe he likes Willis or Levis, or maybe he thinks Tannehill can bounce back.

Either way, not where I thought he'd end up.   Given his age, I thought he'd take less money and go to a more likely contender.

• Like 1

Just now, 43M said:

Just happy he didnt go to Cleveland or Baltimore.

Still, seems like an odd choice given the instabilty uncertainty the Titans have at QB.   Maybe he likes Willis or Levis, or maybe he thinks Tannehill can bounce back.

Either way, not where I thought he'd end up.   Given his age, I thought he'd take less money and go to a more likely contender.

people talk all the time about x player taking less money to go to a contender but it almost never happens. the titans made him the best offer. it's really that simple.

• Like 7

Tannenhill isn’t horrible 

I’d put him on Mac Jones level 

Nice contract and Tennessee isn’t talentless. He’s coming in for sure as WR 1. 

AFC South is totally open. If im Tennessee im not afraid of Jacksonville just yet. 

To me it’s a good signing for both sides  

17 minutes ago, 43M said:

Given his age, I thought he'd take less money and go to a more likely contender

The more and more I see older vets signing, the more and more I realize it’s only about the money in these decisions.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

They go from having the worst receiving core in the NFL to still having the worst receiving core in the NFL.

Hey, don’t underestimate the Titans WRs. This moves us firmly into “just bottom five” territory.

32 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

people talk all the time about x player taking less money to go to a contender but it almost never happens. the titans made him the best offer. it's really that simple.

That and contenders weren’t making him offers anyway. It was either the Titans/Pats or wait for a contender to get injuries.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Hey, don’t underestimate the Titans WRs. This moves us firmly into “just bottom five” territory.

This takes you firmly to 2nd in division. That’s gotta be something, no?