49ers Training Camp Thread

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Shanny said that Brock will not throw for three consecutive days but this is definitely good news. Did not expect him back this soon. Now let's hope he still has the same arm strength and has fully recovered. 

Happy to hear, but I’m more interested in seeing Trey. I wanted Purdy to start on the PUP so we don’t rush him back, but seems like that caution was thrown in the wind! 

46 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Shanny said that Brock will not throw for three consecutive days but this is definitely good news. Did not expect him back this soon. Now let's hope he still has the same arm strength and has fully recovered. 

Arm strength should be fine. Maybe not right off the bat, but long-term he shouldn't lose any MPH. 

A lot of times in the MLB, pitchers after getting the complete reconstruction will have a dip in velocity when they first come back but eventually return back to their normal velocity. Purdy didn't get the complete reconstruction so his velo might come back sooner.

9 minutes ago, Geek said:

https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1683903164280614912?s=20

I'm not too worried as I get the feeling if the season started today Bosa could still get close to 20 sacks.

The thing you'd normally be concerned with in situations like this is injury. 

But Bosa kind of bears that risk regardless 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

But Bosa kind of bears that risk regardless 

Does he? Every player does obviously, but does Bosa more than others? He has been healthy since going pro, other than the time his foot got caught in the turf in new jersey. 

He has missed 1 game in three seasons outside of the ACL year.

*knocks on wood*

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

Does he? Every player does obviously, but does Bosa more than others? He has been healthy since going pro, other than the time his foot got caught in the turf in new jersey. 

He has missed 1 game in three seasons outside of the ACL year.

*knocks on wood*

I mean, he's had 2 acl tears, a core muscle injury, a groin injury his rookie year and missed 1.5 games (and probably should have missed the KC game too) with a groin injury last year. And if there is one type of injury to be concerned with on a holdout, it would be soft tissue injuries

4 hours ago, Forge said:

You're disliking Trey Lance because of the chatter of fans, you mean? Or you actually dislike Trey Lance?

By all accounts, Trey seems like a great dude, so no.. it's all about the months of fan chatter and the need to push QB competition drama. Knocking others down to pump up their guy. 

All so gross.. and yeah.. unpleasant reminders of the regretful past. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47sbw99gxe89y35s9siz

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Not worried about Bosa playing until September, so long as he does sign. Dude stays in crazy shape, and just gets it done on the field. Bubble wrap till then. 

Definitely not worried about Bosa being in the best shape possible; the dude is an absolute machine and is not one of the guys you have to worry about putting in work.

3 hours ago, Geek said:

https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1683903164280614912?s=20

I'm not too worried as I get the feeling if the season started today Bosa could still get close to 20 sacks.

It bums me out more for guys like Jackson that I’d love to have learn from him. The more time the young guys have around Bosa the better. Work ethic, his attention to detail, etc, it’s like having another coach out there for the young kids.