SF trades QB Trey Lance to DAL for 4th rd pick

Broncofan

Not a good trade for anyone here. Trey can still be a good QB I'm sure of it. But he NEEDS 1st team reps starting like today. Sitting behind Dak in Dallas isn't going to make him any better of a QB than he is now.

10 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Not sure I get it for Dallas. Rush did admirably filling in. 

Rush is not good but manageable enough.  I think they want a younger player. They think they can fix him I guess. Will be interesting.

Wow! So the accident waiting to happen just did it to themselves. Jerry has buyers remorse for paying Dak all that money and Dak isnt worth it. So he sends a 4th round pick which is great for the Cowboys to put pressure on Dak. If Dak dont deliver which I dont think he will his days in Dallas will be over soon. Then enter Lance whom if he hits could come back to bite the Niners when they cross paths in the playoffs. Thats the only time Ill be cheering for the Cowboys to see Kyle get what he deserves for basically throwing away Lance without giving him a shot.

Then Kyle trading away Lance only for a 4th round pick after all they gave up to get him. He better hope the Niners win a Superbowl and/or Purdy turns out to be what he thought Lance would be. And he better hope Lance dont turn out to be great. 

So basically the pressure is now on Kyle and Dak. Although I think if someone goes on the Niners it will be Lynch first. 

Given the cost they paid to get him, absolutely in the running for worst pick ever. You can maybe try and smooth it out by saying "but yeah, those picks were both like #29 in the round", but its still three firsts. 

RG3 had a comparable cost but at least they got one banger year. 

Bryce Young had a similar cost (DJ moore in lieu of the third first round pick), but at least they are going to find out on Young. That's kind of the real crime here on the 49ers here - they still have no idea what they just traded. 

That said, not the worst trade in 49er history, which is impressive. They once gave up the #1 overall pick for OJ Simpson. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Wow! So the accident waiting to happen just did it to themselves. Jerry has buyers remorse for paying Dak all that money and Dak isnt worth it. So he sends a 4th round pick which is great for the Cowboys to put pressure on Dak. If Dak dont deliver which I dont think he will his days in Dallas will be over soon. Then enter Lance whom if he hits could come back to bite the Niners when they cross paths in the playoffs. Thats the only time Ill be cheering for the Cowboys to see Kyle get what he deserves for basically throwing away Lance without giving him a shot.

Then Kyle trading away Lance only for a 4th round pick after all they gave up to get him. He better hope the Niners win a Superbowl and/or Purdy turns out to be what he thought Lance would be. And he better hope Lance dont turn out to be great. 

So basically the pressure is now on Kyle and Dak. Although I think if someone goes on the Niners it will be Lynch first. 

I swear people act like Dak sucks. It’s like Tony Romo all over again. Dak is a fringe top 10 QB and take it from a Redskins fan. That’s almost impossible to find. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I don't think Dak has anything to worry about right now. Trey not seeing the field unless something truly awful happens. They were over the Will Grier experiement and I think they taking a low risk on seeing if a change in scenery can get Trey's confident back. I personally don't have high hopes but will be interested in seeing how it plays out.

But having Dak pay with a little more fire and having a younger player like him to mentor might not be the worst thing either.

8 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Don't forget Brock Purdy. The unintended collateral damage here is kind of how much pressure is on Brock Purdy now. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

One of the worst trades in recent memory.

UFFDA

This doesn't take into account the multiple other notable assets they gave up for these players. Another 1st to trade up for Waddle and another 2nd for Hill and I think a 4th?

I don't know if Lance is any good or he will be any good. 

But I think it's impossible to know based on this sample. 

keep in mind that in those 8 games, that's like garbage time against Jags (hand off and two kneel downs), one pass against Detroit I think and 1 run against Green Bay. One of those games was in a monsoon and another he got hurt on the second series of the game. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I don't know if Lance is any good or he will be any good. 

But I think it's impossible to know based on this sample. 

Its kind of a chicken/egg scenario though. Small sample but the sample has been small and seen as not getting better because he’s looked so bad too. Has to be the worst trade i can remember in a long time