Week 2 MNF GDT #2: Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers

candyman93

Who wins?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Browns
    • Steelers

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I'd just really like to have seen the meetings where it was decided that it would be a good idea to give like $230m to a controversy riddled quarterback coming off like two years of missed football.

There was no meeting. It was a decision made by the GM and owner. I despise both.

• Like 1

@tab, @DawgX.....Other than watching the Browns weekly (weakly?), and a passing interest in watching the Buckeyes (and the Naval Academy from time to time), I've divested myself of sports here.  As you know, I'm a huge fan of Australian Rules Football, but over the last year, I've also become engrossed by cricket.  (In fact, tonight I'm interviewing the VP of Marketing for Major League Cricket here in the U.S.)

@DawgX, I'm a supporter of the Geelong Cats.  They have been very successful over the last 15 years, having won 4 premierships (including last year).  Beset by injuries this year, they didn't make finals, but we'll always have 2022.  

The biggest club in the comp (with regards to membership, as the clubs are "owned" by their members [think Green Bay]) are the Collingwood Magpies.  They also have the only American playing in the game (Mason Cox).  

The league is down to their Final 4.  Collingwood hosts Greater Western Sydney (GWS) Giants (on FS2) and Brisbane Lions host Carlton Blues (on FS1).  

The Cats are always competitive, so they'd be a great choice.  Brisbane and Collingwood would be great choices as well.  GWS is an up and coming club, and their predominant team color is orange, so that could be a good selling point.  (Here are a few links that I share with people that are "AFL Curious")  

Someone earlier mentioned what it would take to get JT from Indy.....Indy hasn't forgotten that they gave up a 1st rounder for Trent Richardson.  If we deal for JT, we wouldn't have a 1st round pick until at least 2030.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Not to mention that i bet a lot of people rooted for cleveland as underdogs.

I know i did as an afc interest. All that is dead now

It's glorious. 

The lovable loser angle is all they've had for decades. They flushed that forever (yes, forever - ask Browns fans how often Ray Lewis and Big Ben still get brought up by them) with the Watson signing, and they still stink. And Watson is probably worse considering they knew the legal situation before actively going out and acquiring the guy. Way different than "standing by your guy" and "letting the legal situation play out" like 99% of other legal issues that happen to players on teams in this league when they're already rostered by those teams.

All-time bad Faustian exchange tbh. What a shame.

Edited by Ray Reed

Let me say this:

I will probably remain on this forum until I die or get banned, but from here on out, it’ll most just be me being outright salty and completely out on the NFL altogether.

I am going to find other hobbies and interests to occupy my Sunday afternoons or Monday nights.

I got super into wood working during Covid, so I’ll try to get back into that. I justified sticking with Cleveland post trade because of Chubb, so with him probably being done for good, no real reason to stay.

Maybe I’ll circle back in 2026 post Watson, but I’m done. It’s been fun bantering all things NFL for around 20 years, but time to do other things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

It's glorious. 

The lovable loser angle is all they've had for decades. They flushed that forever (yes, forever - ask Browns fans how often Ray Lewis and Big Ben still get brought up by them) with the Watson signing, and they still stink. And Watson is probably worse considering they knew the legal situation before actively going out and acquiring the guy. Way different than "standing by your guy" and "letting the legal situation play out" like 99% of other legal issues that happen to players on teams in this league when they're already rostered by those teams.

All-time bad Faustian exchange tbh. What a shame.

Nobody with any self respect wants to be lovable losers, flushing that away is probably the best thing that is going to come out of signing Deshaun.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Nobody with any self respect wants to be lovable losers, flushing that away is probably the best thing that is going to come out of signing Deshaun.

As somebody who has been on both sides - lovable losers with Gary Kubiak and perpetually hated with Bill O’Brien - you’ll find that flushing it away for your current position is not what you think it is.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

As somebody who has been on both sides - lovable losers with Gary Kubiak and perpetually hated with Bill O’Brien - you’ll find that flushing it away for your current position is not what you think it is.

No, I truly do not care. Rooting for this franchise is like having your family displaced in the Ukraine war and somebody telling you "The worst part is that we used to feel bad for you until we saw how many of you guys are Nazis".

No that is not the worst part, that's not the worst part at all. That's not even top 10 worst part.

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

No that is not the worst part, that's not the worst part at all. That's not even top 10 worst part.

The worst part is the losing. I get that. Only difference here is people felt empathy for you with that.

That’s off the table now. We all dislike you.

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Rooting for this franchise is like having your family displaced in the Ukraine war and somebody telling you "The worst part is that we used to feel bad for you until we saw how many of you guys are Nazis".

First world problems indeed.