Week 4: Detroit Lions (2-1) at Green Bay Packers (2-1)

Old Guy

8 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Watson is going backwards. Not having Alexander would be a big problem against Amon Ra. 

Need Tom as well because that is Hutchinson's side. At this point, I'm "meh" on Bak and Campbell, their replacements can handle Detroit. 

Wasn't Watson a limited participant last Friday? Guess he re-aggravated the hammy getting out of bed over the weekend.

13 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Always Delivered On Time ?

Acrobatic Displays On Touchdowns ?

Any Doubt Over This ?

Always Duck Oddjob's Trilby ?

ADOT

I learned this one by context on Saturday listening to a geeky fantasy football radio program. Referred to as “ay dot” it means “average depth of throw”. (The pre-season game that Fields had a plus 100 quarterback rating his ADOT was like minus three.)

It surprised me that Jordan Love’s ADOT of eleven something was leading the league. If you think about it, a high ADOT means you are at least hammering the defensive shell outward, increasing the active area that needs to be defended. The recent PI calls and the sideline catch for Doubs are important plays by themselves, but they also create more room underneath in subsequent plays by pushing back the off coverage a few steps. (And if Love and Taylor can agree on secret hand signals we can exploit that ****)

• Like 5

Just now, incognito_man said:

Detroit has beat us THREE TIMES IN A ROW

Need that to fire up the team, especially in the trenches. We need our bigs to play well collectively. This is true of most games, but this will be a trenches games. Whichever group of 10-12 bigs play better will be on the winning team Thursday. 

Agreed.  Also, no dumb penalties at home!  That was frustrating and a sign of nerves/not being prepared.  I don't know who wins this one based on where each team stands in their development, Detroit a year or two ahead, but we can't let them bully us. We might get punched in the mouth, but we'd better get some swings in, too!

• Like 2

While they won't admit it I do believe the fact we were playing Thursday made it an easier decision to keep some of those players out on Sunday. I have a feeling we will see Bak, Jones, and Watson out on the field on Thursday night. Alexander wouldn't surprise me either, but I don't really know the extent to his injury.

Also, did anything come out on Tom's knee injury late in Sunday's game? 

I like detroit's odds given the health of the roster - we know how this goes re: injuries - bunch of guys who are banged up suit up and then 30-40% of them get reinjured/aggravate their injuries.

Even dropping this game to Detroit isn't the biggest deal if they are competitive.  As long as they can get a win vs LV and head towards a 3-2/6-4/9-6 pace I like the shape of this team to be feisty for the wildcard.

Now, maybe Detroit's D is a bit of a farce, but so far they look very improved compared to last season.  And they are clearly the more experienced squad on O.

If Love has a huge complete game, I think Packers can win a close one, but if he plays "good" or just ok then I don't like their chances.  Detroit will load up on the run against Jones and Love will have to make them pay.

Edited by skibrett15

4 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I like detroit's odds given the health of the roster - we know how this goes re: injuries - bunch of guys who are banged up suit up and then 30-40% of them get reinjured/aggravate their injuries.

Even dropping this game to Detroit isn't the biggest deal if they are competitive.  As long as they can get a win vs LV and head towards a 3-2/6-4/9-6 pace I like the shape of this team to be feisty for the wildcard.

Now, maybe Detroit's D is a bit of a farce, but so far they look very improved compared to last season.  And they are clearly the more experienced squad on O.

If Love has a huge complete game, I think Packers can win a close one, but if he plays "good" or just ok then I don't like their chances.  Detroit will load up on the run against Jones and Love will have to make them pay.

Detroit is just as injured as us. 

• Like 1