Week #5 General 🏈 Discussion

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Lions looking strong. Beating up bad teams like they are supposed to even with Carolina getting a couple scores late. 

A normal sized QB, Panthers are down 42-7 at best. 

Their last 2 scores came absolutely courtesy of Bryce Young's height making every normal sized player touching him a penalty. 

One was an INT that would've gone all the way home, too. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You can't play a "helluva game" and be so wildly inaccurate like I saw at times. He was very average today, at best. I see that more than I see "good" as well. Everyone is different in their idea of what "good" and "average" is though so it's subjective

I watched every snap today and at no point did I think he ever looked "wildly inaccurate". In fact, I do not recall a single pass that was even off the mark. I do recall several perfect throws, however, that were dropped, including about 4 touchdowns...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He looked the part today, was in complete control out there. 

The key with Ridder is consistency as he has all the tools you want in a top tier franchise QB.  He has a very good arm, is quite intelligent, is a top notch leader, a above avg runner for a QB.  Good size and speed for the position and something we found out today a good cadence call for drawing ppl offsides lol.   But having him put it all together week in and week out is what you gotta hope happens as he plays more games.   I've said it from the start you win or lose with Ridder this year and just take the lumps all season if you lose.  That way you know 1005 if he is the guy or not and if he's not then you are getting a very high pick to grab the QB of your future.   I don't think Heineke is so good that you ruin those plans and bring him in half way into the season but thats just me. 

Now with that said Ridder looked every bit of a franchise QB this game and shows he can do it when the O-line gives him time to do so.   So here's to hoping he builds on this and keeps taking the next step.

4 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

The strip sack? Any QB fumbles that. It's blindside and the edge rusher reaches over the LT to knock the ball loose. He didn't "beat" him per se.

Any QB fumbles that, but the best QB's can sense that pressure and step up and out of it. Lamar stood still and didn't feel it at all.

Just now, Duluther said:

So... how we feeling about Baltimore's revolution on offense this year? 

The overall scheme? It's great. I like that Lamar has more control and the offense is definitely more balanced. We're also the #1 redzone team in the NFL, which has been a HUGE knocking point on Baltimore's offense previously.

However, the WR's are still atrocious, Lamar still makes way too many mistakes, and overall our offense has the most lost fumbles in the NFL this year. So we're generally moving the ball and scoring, but we're also fumbling WAY too much and then we can't score in the second half.

So overall, Monken's offense has been good, the players have been bad.