Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

I get Slowik might be green having only 1 year as OC but 3 reasons I would consider him as a dark horse front runner now: 

1.   WAS owning 1.2 they clearly were looking to get a QB-developer mind with Johnson.   Slowik is imo the next guy and it’s not close.  

2.  GM Adam Peters relationship with Slowik has to give them a level ot trust you can’t get with the other guys.  

3.  McDonald is a great choice in a vacuum.  It’s just a 180 in the direction WAS was leaning with.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

As funny as that would be, it won’t happen unless Bill gives up his demands of holding GM responsibilities as well as staff choices.

I want him as a in-game color analyst anyway.  It'll never happen because no network will trust him to not call something their former-ref/rules analyst says bluntly, "Well, that's just stupid."  But it's for that exact reason I'd want him in the position.  We need more unfiltered analysis in the booth and not more of the league-friendly, suck-up-to-the-darlings (be they current players or coaches)  dross we get from Colinsworth and Mark Sanchez and the like on the regular.

• Like 2

I just don’t think these OCs wanna be in Wash or Seattle. I think they look at Seattle like the mini pats with Pete running things. Wash is just a huge unknown with the head guys. They’re probably waiting for a better opening with an established QB. Maybe they don’t believe in May to be that guy and I don’t trust Geno. Honestly that Ravens D guy might be a home run but at the same time what Staley did in LA might be a turn off. Pretty crazy turn of events. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Imagine if Andy Reid and Kyle Shanahan said we don’t want to take the 49ers and chiefs jobs. Both were 2-14 dumpster Fires with no QB on the roster when they got hired.

Kyle was a OC for 8 years, Reid was a HC for 10 years. A little different for an OC with two years of experience. Nothing wrong with wanting a little more seasoning.

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

I just don’t think these OCs wanna be in Wash or Seattle. I think they look at Seattle like the mini pats with Pete running things. Wash is just a huge unknown with the head guys. They’re probably waiting for a better opening with an established QB. Maybe they don’t believe in May to be that guy and I don’t trust Geno. Honestly that Ravens D guy might be a home run but at the same time what Staley did in LA might be a turn off. Pretty crazy turn of events. 

I also wonder if Staley flaming out has them wanting an extra year of prep before jumping off the deep end.

• Like 1