Coach of the year

Steelersfan43

Demeco Ryans and I think they should just award it to him now, tbh. 

Nobody thought Houston would be where they're at already. One of the quickest turnarounds I've seen, especially considering where Houston was at. 

A few guys have done really solid work in the face of adversity this year, but Ryans isn't just doing a good job, he's totally justifying why his name was a hot one in January by leaps and bounds. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 3

Antonio Pierce is 2-0, with a total of 9 games to debut... how many wins for the long term job and how many for Coach of the Year? Dolphins and KC twice would be the huge upsets, with the remaining teams being Broncos, Colts, Vikings and Chargers. I think 6-3 for the job, and 8-1 or 9-0 for coach of the year.

Edited by Trojan

10 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Antonio Pierce is 2-0, with a total of 9 games to debut... how many wins for the long term job and how many for Coach of the Year? Dolphins and KC twice would be the huge upsets, with the remaining teams being Broncos, Colts, Vikings and Chargers. I think 6-3 for the job, and 8-1 or 9-0 for coach of the year.

He'd have to do things Demeco hasn't, tbh. And let's not kid ourselves, the Raiders looked pretty awful last night - it's just that the Jets are worse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Steichen should definitely be in the conversation if the Colts finish with a winning record. First year in a team that had a truly awful season last year, at .500 after losing Richardson.

He'll be in there for now, but ultimately I think a lot of the guys in this position will get sorted by the end of the year as not all of them will make the playoffs. You basically have no shot if you don't get your team into the post season 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

The Steelers have no business being 6-3. Tomlin has to be up there. 

But what about the Steelers is actually impressive? They're a bad team lucking their way into wins. What does that have to do with Tomlin? What guys are over-performing? Like the stats say, they're getting out-gained in every single game and it seems like other teams are just beating themselves.

Like, I know for the Ravens game it's not like Mike Tomlin deployed some super advanced gameplan to make the Ravens WR's drop 8 passes, which was literally why we lost the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

He should be up there like Kevin OConnell should have been last year.

I’d argue KOC has been more impressive this year given the injuries, they are essentially down to their third QB. If you never viewed Jaren Hall as a real option, second QB. Nevertheless, no starting QB, no Justin Jefferson for five weeks, KJ Osborn has been banged up. Dobbs is slinging it around to Hockenson, Addison and a Punt Returner. KOC is making it work with a QB who’s only been there for two weeks. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I’d argue KOC has been more impressive this year given the injuries, they are essentially down to their third QB. If you never viewed Jaren Hall as a real option, second QB. Nevertheless, no starting QB, no Justin Jefferson for five weeks, KJ Osborn has been banged up. Dobbs is slinging it around to Hockenson, Addison and a Punt Returner. KOC is making it work with a QB who’s only been there for two weeks. 

I wish you didn't fire your DC.

• Like 1